Chapter 4

It had been about two hours since Annie went back to her world, Skye sat on her bed staring at the floor, Jules was Shadow, and because Jules is. Midas' daughter that means the chances of Midas being Shadow was high. Midas. Midas was Shadow, thinking about how he fooled everybody made her angry. She felt stuck. Who should she tell? Anyone could be on his side. Or maybe none of them were. She could tell Meowscles and Icefang...that seemed safe.

When Skye found Meowscles and Icefang they where dragging a piece of yarn across the main entrance, high enough for someone to unexpectedly trip on it. "guys." Skye said walking nearer. "What." Icefang said innocently. "i just found something out..." Skye said. "what." Icefang said. "well did you know that Midas has a daughter?" Skye asked. "no!" Meowscles exclaimed. "Well he does, her name is Jules. she has a shadow necklace. she told me it was because she hates them but she was lying." Skye said. "how do you know?" Icefang asked. "Various reasons. Jules is Shadow and that means Midas is too." Skye said. "right." Meowscles said. "I'm serious!" Skye exclaimed. "oh sure. Midas does everything he can for Ghost, he killed Shadow men, raided their places. He's definitely Shadow." Icefang laughed. "I THOUGHT I COULD COUNT ON YOU TO BELIEVE ME!" Skye yelled. "WE HAVE TO DO SOMETHING!" "You love Midas Skye, why are you conspiring against him." Meowscles said, "hey lets go and do the stairs next." Skye turned on her heels to hear Icefang say, "isn't that a little dangerous?" Who else could she tell? Brutus, but she'd rather not, he freaked her out. TNTina then.

"oh hey Skye, i just saw Midas! he will be backs soon in case your wondering." Brutus said as Skye entered the room TNTina was in. "OK." Skye said. "i found something out." "Whats wrong Skye? you look mad." TNTina said. "i am mad! did you know Midas has a daughter?" Skye asked. "yes." Brutus and TNTina said at the same time. "well shes a shadow! she had a shadow necklace and she lied to me and told me that she wanted to kill them!" Skye exclaimed. Brutus and TNTina exchanged a panicked look. "how do you know she was lying?" TNTina asked. "because when Midas lies he clenches his right hand. she did that." Skye said. "oh my goodness he does do that!" TNTina said laughing.  "so do you believe me?" Skye asked. "nope." Brutus said. "Midas is one hundred percent loyal to Ghost." "yeah." TNTina added. "ugh! i cant believe this! why wont anyone believe me!" Skye exclaimed running from the room. who else could she tell? Deadpool was an option. would he believe her? no, well he might but what could he do about it. who could she tell who would BELIEVE her? Jones. Jones would, he has common sense.

Midas stared at the Deadpool flag in the place of the ghost flag, he scowled and tried to take it down but it was glued on, he would have to get some scissors. When he finally got to the main floor he saw Skye running towards the door. "oh hey Midas! you know whats funny Skye think that your a Shadow member!" Icefang exclaimed. Skye froze and stared wide eyed at Midas. Midas forced a laugh, "really? that's so funny." Midas looked at Skye. "I've got to go!" Skye exclaimed running away. "does Annie think this too?" Midas called after her. Skye stared into his eyes. Midas had a smug smile on his face, "n-no. your obviously o-on Ghosts side." Skye said running out the door, jumping over the yarn.

Skye drove the speed boat down the river which was difficult because she had never drove one before, she was going to Pleasant Park because she had over heard Midas say that he lived there. "how could he do this" Skye sobbed. "my opinion of him was clouded...but now i understand." she though out loud.

"hello?" Jones asked opening the door. "hello." Skye said. "Skye?" Jones asked. "yes, i need to talk to you about Midas." Skye said firmly. she was confident that he would believe her. but what if he didn't?  "what?" Jones asked, "here come in." Skye stepped into the house and sat down  on a chair. "well i have reason to believe that Midas works for Shadow." "oh yes, definitely."  Jones said as he pored a cup of coffee. "you don't believe me do you." Skye said sadly. "no i do!" Jones reassured her. "coffee?" Skye shook her head. "you really believe me?" Skye asked. Jones sat down, "yes, i do." "really?"  Skye asked, excited. "yes. I have been on Midas' trail for a while, do you know about his device?" Jones asked taking a sip of coffee. "yes." Skye said nodding. "OK. I work for a corporation called The Imagined Order, Ghost is on the IO's side." Jones said. "and Shadow isn't." Skye said. "yes, lets say...Shadow has different views than we do." Jones said. "do you want to know what Midas is?" "what." Skye said already knowing the answer. "a filthy evil lyer." Jones said. Skye sighed. " i know. what are we going to do?" "i don't know." Jones replied.

"yeah. Skye knows." Brutus said. "but you didn't believe her?" Midas asked. "right." TNTina said. "oh..." Midas groaned. "the next person she would go to would be..." "Jones." the three of them said at the same time. "i have to do it now." Midas said turning around. "no you cant!" TNTina protested, "its not ready! we're not ready!" Midas didn't listen and walked out the door TNTina and Brutus right behind him. When Midas got into the room he hurried to the control panel. "Midas! Wait!" TNTina cried. TNTina ran to him and pulled his arm away. "you cant." TNTina said. "but i can. i need to." Midas said. he pressed the button. "NO!" TNTina yelled. Midas grinned. "its working." purple sparks emitted from the orb than everything started to shake, Midas' grin disappeared. then he and TNTina where blasted backwards. Brutus was able to duck behind a wall in the nick of time. Midas groaned. a purple lightning struck the ground only a few feet away from him. "MIDAS! YOU HAVE TO TURN IT OFF!" TNTina yelled over the noise. Midas nodded. he got up and lunged at the controls, the powerful wind trying to push him back. he finally pressed the off button and everything stopped. "i told you." TNTina said after everyone recovered their breath.