Chapter 3

Hi! I just want to tell you guys something real quick, I made a frontier theories book so if you could check that out that would be amazing, you'll know what book it is when you see it.

Midas gazed at the clear water of the Grotto. He knew it was stupid to hide from a 16-year-old, he was going to go back eventually and then the problem would just come back to him. "Midas?" a rough voice asked from behind him, Midas turned around. it was Brutus. "Are you sure no one followed you?"
"Yes, I'm sure."
"Are you sure? Because of anyone found out that we are double agents everything would go wrong."
"I told you! No one followed me! And I'm not a double agent, you and TNTina are. I am in charge of Shadow and belong to Shadow only."
"Okay. They call us the bad guys you know." Brutus said. "Yes, I know that. Ghost are the "bad guys" and I know everyone says that about their enemy, but if people side with Ghost they either don't know what Ghost do and who they side with, like Skye. Or they know what's going on and support that, like that Fool Jones." Midas said scowling.
"Right." Brutus said, "you know that could be a quote someday." Midas smiled slightly, "how could that happen, your the only one who knows what I said. Oh, and Jerry." Midas pointed to a security camera. "Hey, Jerry! How's camera duty suiting you?" Midas mocked.

Skye looked at the machine, it was huge, and honestly quite frightening. It was a large glass orb with a metal base, Inside the orb was a swirling cloud of purple. "What is he trying to do?" Annie asked. "Stop the storm." Jules said. "Are you on his side with this?" Skye asked. "I don't know." Jules said. "I think that it's not going to work. I won't tamper with it because there is a chance that it will work, but it's slim." as Jules walked past Skye to the exit her hip brushed against Skyes and a tool fell from her belt. Jules bent down to pick it up, exposing a necklace, the necklace had the shadow symbol on it. Skye raised an eyebrow, "why...why do you have a shadow necklace?" Skye asked. "Because I hate them. It reminds me of my goal of defeating them." Jules lied. "Oh," Skye said, a little suspicious. "Annie. You should probably leave. I can provide a rift for you. If my father's machine fails it could be very dangerous. I would rather not have you die. Um, for Skye's sake." Jules turned on her heels. "You know if she hadn't told us that she was Midas' daughter I would still know," Skye said. "How?" Annie asked. "Because the way she makes it look like she doesn't care about anyone when she does and they are both great liars," Skye said with detest. "She lied?" Annie asked. "Yes."
"How did you know?"
"Whenever Midas lies he clenches his hand. She did that." Skye said. "What did she lie about?" Annie asked. "Wanting to kill Shadow. She is Shadow." "really?"  Annie said. "That means, that Midas is Shadow too. We must act natural."