"Oh that's great man. Kie and I just had our second a few months back" The Duke pulls his wife close to him.

"Congrats man. How old are you again?" I smile, seeing how cute the two of them are.

"Twenty three, last week actually" He chuckles.

I nod as Carrie clings to my arm. "Everything ok darling?" I whisper, kissing her temple.

She whimpers and I nod. "It's been great talking but I think we should make rounds" I take Carrie and we walk out of there.

The two of us walk over to the food table. "Hey, what's up?"

"What if I am? What if it worked and I'm having a baby with you" She mumbles, taking a deep breath.

"What if it didn't, think about it that way. It might not have worked. Seriously, what if we can't have a kid" I take her cheek in my hand and pout my lip softly.

"But- this this this- this is all so much! I don't wanna do this. I wanna go- leave- get out of here" She whimpers, pressing her fingers under her eyes to stop tears.

"Hey hey, please don't cry. It's gonna be ok. It's all going to be just fine" I hug her. My arms go around her back as her face presses into my neck.

This is just a platonic hug. Maybe the longer this has gone, this fake relationship, the more I start to like her. She's a good friend that I also want to slap all the time. The disgust is something I joke about, if it's what I have to do, I'll do it without a complaint in the moment.

"I want you to feel comfortable with me. I want you to be able to talk to me. You're a kick ass princess and even better woman. I know what you've done for your country, I know what you've done for your family since your mother. You can do anything you put your mind too" I encourage, squeezing her waist lightly.

Carrie nods and takes a deep breath. "Ok ok. Uh-" She looks behind my shoulder. "Carlos is here, looks nice"

I turn around and see her- got it- walking in. Man does she look good in a suit. Or it's more a pair of black slacks, dress shoes and a white button up shirt with the top button undone. "Hey, what did he do to upset you?"

I take a deep breath and look at the girl looking as good as ever. "I'm a fucking idiot. We're all idiots" I mumble.

"Don't say that- what happened?" She asks, taking my chin and making her face me.

I take a deep breath. "Promise not to tell anyone?"

"Promise, why?"

"Carlos is a girl. He's a she. It makes so much sense now that I think about it. I mean- she wouldn't let me touch her for the longest time. Everything about her seems so feminine to the point I saw her fucking boobs and fell for a lie that she had some medical condition. It's messed up" I scoff, clenching my jaw and shaking my head.

She stands confused for a second before turning back to Carl- Julie. "What's her name then?"

"Julie. I'm pretty sure Carlos is her brothers name"

"And you're... mad?" She raises an eyebrow and I just roll my eyes.

"A little. I dunno. She knows how much I like her- when I thought she was a he, I was willing to lose everything to be with her. Like everything! Now I know a relationship would be legal... if we weren't tied in by the marriage with you... sorry. I just guess I'm a little ticked off. I have no clue" I scoff.