welcoming new life

-12-

-a week later-
luke's pov

"Hey Care! Long time no see!" Alex beams as he struts into the castle with a grin.

Alex awkwardly hugs my fiancé. His eyes go wide as they meet mine. "Lucas, looking as great as ever" He nods, shaking my hand once he detaches from the hug.

"King Alexander. It's an honor to be in the presence of a true king" My father smiles. It's weird, I think my dad idolizes Alex..."Still flying high without a queen?"

"Still homophobic?" Alex snaps but in a polite tone. His smile condescending and all I want to do is high-five him. That was amazing, and it shut my dad up too.

"Alex!" My little sister calls out and we take this as a cue to leave.

"Hey, where's Carlos?" I ask Private West as we walk. Carrie trailing a few steps ahead with Alex.

"Moving day. He's getting some of his stuff from home, bringing it here. I had my day on Saturday" He shrugs, twirling his dagger between his fingers.

I nod with a small 'oh' before brushing it off. "So how is the crown prince feeling today?"

I look up and see Alex starring at me with a raised eyebrow. "Good uh sorry I'm thinking about- REGGIE! Yeah, thinking about Reg. Have you met Evelyn yet? Oh my god she's like the best parts of both of them"

"Nah I think he has a certain someone on his mind... and their name is not Reggie" Carrie glares over at me and nudges my arm.

"Someone mind telling me what's up?" Alex laughs as we get to a common room, my father never comes around here so it's kinda a great place to hang out.

"Oh just that he's in love with his guard" Carrie winks in my direction with a giggle as she falls down onto a one person recliner.

"I AM NOT!" I shout, shaking my head as I sit next to Alex on a large couch.

"If you don't mind-" Riley cuts in from his spot at the door. "You love him... and I think the feelings are mutual"

"RILEY!" Carrie shouts, giving him a wide eyed glare.

"WHAT! It's not like you have feelings for Lucas!"

Carrie starts blushing. She sits up in her spot, pulling her knees to her cheeks. "Leave me alone" She whines, hiding her face from all of us.

I notice a small blush on Riley's cheeks and smile. "I don't have feelings for Carlos. He's just-"

"You were moaning his name in your sleep" Carrie speaks up and Alex starts screaming like a little school girl.

"I hate you guys. HATE YOU!"

Alex's eyes widen and his jaw drops. "WAIT WHAT WERE YOU DREAMING ABOUT!"

The sound of feedback rings across the room and someone takes a deep breath. "Does the castle have an intercom system?" I laugh, everyone shrugging.

"You'd know" Carrie shrugs as a voice starts speaking.

"Prince Lucas please make your way to the hospital wing. I repeat, Prince Lucas make your way to the hospital wing"

"I really need to learn the lay out of my castle... WE HAVE A HOSPITAL WING?" I shout, getting up.

Riley clears his throat, catching my attention. "First floor, left wing" He mentions as I walk by.

"Thanks dude" I nod, making my way alone.

the duchessजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें