Chapter 4

"Does anybody happen to know where I can find a thirty-day free trial of being okay?"

"Coffee?" Mar'i shrugged, sipping the sweet nectar of the gods while leaning against Marinette as they waited for their plane to board. 

It was six in the morning on the Monday they were heading to Gotham, and their plane is supposed to leave at approximately seven. In only an hour, they'd be making their way to the state of New Jersey. 

Mar'i was absolutely dreading it. 

Firstly, she'd be stuck on a plane with Lila of all people for nearly eight hours (thank kwami that their group of friends had all managed to get first class tickets). Secondly, they were probably going to be attacked by villains at least once during the duration of the trip considering their luck. And thirdly, she was starting to have a bit of an anxiety attack at the thought of meeting her family again with them actually knowing who she is (she's still unsure whether to curse or bless Marinette for doing what she was never able to).

So yeah, she wasn't exactly the most thrilled about this trip. 

Still, she knew it was important to Marinette, especially since she's supposed to be going to Gotham University after they graduated. And, while Mar'i's mood was in a bit of a damper, she'd always support her sister and her decisions. Besides, she may end up going to the university as well, so she might as well try to get used to the dreary city she used to love. 

At least they were taking a trip to the botanical gardens. 

She loved gardens. 

She supposed that was a bit ironic with her carrying the embodiment of destruction around in her pocket. 

"Are you actually willing to share?" Felix asked with a raised eyebrow, sipping his own coffee from where he sat across from the sisters. 

"No way in hell," there was absolutely no hesitation as she spoke. "There's a perfectly decent cafe over there."

Alix and Chloe snickered from their seats. 

"Did you really have to ask?" Alix asked the blonde male. 

"Yeah," Chloe continued to snicker. "You should know that Mar'i sharing her coffee is illegal."

Both Felix and Mar'i rolled their eyes as Marinette joined in on the snickering. From a few seats over, Mar'i could spot a smile on Luka's face as well. 

And before you ask, Luka had somehow managed to get himself on the trip as a chaperone despite only being nineteen himself. (A majority of the class is around seventeen or eighteen. Mar'i is fifteen, and Felix is sixteen since the two skipped grades.)

Unfortunately, Kagami couldn't find any way to join them as she was on a trip to Japan with her mother. However, she was supposed to be joining them near the end of the trip for the Wayne Gala that they had somehow managed to get the class invites for. (The invites just so happened to arrive the day after the meeting with the Justice League which totally wasn't suspicious or anything.

Mar'i's looking at you Marinette.)

All smiles were destroyed as the liar and her followers walked by them, each sporting a coffee or hot chocolate themselves.

"I'm so sorry I couldn't pay for anybody," The girl's shrill voice made the party of six grimace. Mar'i buried her head even further into Marinette's shoulder. "But after…" Mar'i and Marinette nearly groaned when they noticed her send a 'discrete' glance their way. 

Apparently, Alya noticed the glance as well and immediately started stomping her way towards the sisters. "What in the world do you two sluts do now?!"