04. | ᴛʜᴇ ᴀᴡᴋᴡᴀʀᴅɴᴇꜱꜱ ᴏꜰ ʙᴇɪɴɢ ᴀ ʜᴜᴍᴀɴ

CHAPTER FOUR | 04

CHAPTER FOUR | 04.
THE AWKWARDNESS OF BEING A HUMAN

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

JACK was drowning in the TV, but Mor had eyes only for the ghost who was having a stare-off with agitated Hedwig.

She threw her penguin blanket off, unable to hold back her questions any longer.

"How do you know Peter?" she nearly shouted, dying to know.

She was wearing faded green sweatpants and one of her older brother's The Beatles hoodies. Her hair was in a low ponytail, cascading down her back as she leaned on the armrest, looking up at the ghost who looked pleased with himself as the cat trotted towards Mor, fur bristled and head low as she laid down on a fluffy carpet.

"And why do you want to know?" he asked, looking towards the curious teen with a raised eyebrow.

Mor leaned back into the couch, crossing her arms defensively.

"I don't." she said with a shrug, looking away from the smug-looking ghost.

There was a heartbreaking scene of Jack sinking into the ocean and an awkward silence hung in the air.

It didn't last for long before Mor turned reluctantly towards Tony again. He pretend not to notice as he kept wiggling his fingers in front of Hedwigs eyes as if trying to mind control her.

"So? How do you know the Parker boy?" Mor asked again, raising the fluffy blanket up to her chin as she tries to make the cocoon around her tighter.

Hedwig yowled angrily before dashing away, heading upstairs to hide from the bothersome ghost.
Tony frowned, pouting as he watched the cat disappear up the stairs. Though he collected himself and went to sit opposite of Mor.

“You know, nothing in this life is free.” he said matter-of-factly. Throwing his legs up on the rune-written wooden table to make himself more comfortable. He eyed the carved runes oddly.

“The Harry Potter language on the table won't turn me into a flying toad if I touch the table, right?” he asked slowly, referring to the runic.

“First of all, nothing in this life is free but once again, you don't really have a life right now, do you? Having a life would require you to be alive. Which, you're not. And secondly, no, you won't turn into a flying toad. But since you've already touched it, you will turn into a boar every full moon starting from the one that rises tomorrow.”

Mor said with deadly calm, studying the spirit. She noticed that with each passing day, he becomes more visible. The corners of her lips turned upwards into a smirk as she noticed the distressed look on Tony's face, he snapped his legs up immediately, scooting away from the small table to push himself deeper into the old armchair. His wide, dark eyes met Mor's and the terrified expression turned into the one of annoyance as soon as he noticed the smirk.