𝟦𝟤 | 𝖯𝗅𝖾𝖺𝗌𝖾 𝖣𝗈𝗇'𝗍 𝖬𝖺𝗄𝖾 𝖬𝖾 𝖣𝗈 𝖳𝗁𝗂𝗌

Start from the beginning

"Of course I don't! Do you think I want to do this? To see my little girl in pain after she signs these papers? I don't! We have no choice but to go through with this."

"Jonathan, I love Serenity with all my fucking heart. I will protect her with my fucking life." Not that she needs protection. She's her own protection shield.

"Elijah, don't make this any harder than it has to be." Papá says.

"Easy for you to say. You're not on the verge of losing the love of your life."

"Elijah, please believe me when I say that I don't want to do this. But it has to be done in order for you two to be safe. If a year or two from now you both cross paths-" Jonathan begins saying but I cut him off.

"Do you think she'll even want to be with me anymore? After what I'm about to ask her to do?" I ask, cutting him off. "Odette will be Serenity's lawyer. I'll call someone else from my backup law team." I say, changing the subject.

Jonathan apologizes again before he leaves my office. Now it's just my papá and I. "Please don't make me do this, papá."

"I'm sorry."

"I hope you know I'm not going to marry that stuck up Veronica girl." He shakes his head and crosses his arms. "I'm not going to make you."

But you're making me serve divorce papers to the woman I love.

"Plus Veronica disappeared into thin air not too long ago. Samuel last caught her on camera with a man boarding a private jet. I think they went back to her country." I could care less about her and whoever she's seeing.

"Does mamá know you're doing this?" His silence is all I need for him to know his wife doesn't know about this. "Just what I thought."

"Elijah-"

"I would like for you to leave me alone for the rest of the day." He whispers a simple 'okay' and nods his head before leaving the room, closing the door behind him. As soon as I fall down into my seat, I begin to cry. I don't even know when the last time I cried was. All I know is that I can't remember when it was.

I just got back from buying the perfect engagement ring for Serenity and came to find out, I won't even be able to propose to her now. I won't be able to experience a wedding with her

┈┈┈┈┈┈ · ꕥ · ┈┈┈┈┈┈

I stayed in my office for about an hour before I went back to my room and changed and went to the gym to begin hitting the punching bag. Over and over again.

Please, forgive me for what is to come soon, Serenity.

"Hey, Elijah! Do you want to help me make dinner because- oh my god!" I ignore Natalie and keep on hitting the punching bag. "Elijah, stop! You're hands are fucking bleeding!" Before I know it, she pushes me away from the punching bag. "What the hell has gotten into you?"

"Natalie, I need to be alone."

"No, you don't. We're going to your room to clean your hands." I don't even try to fight back because she'll just tackle me to the ground. "This may hurt." She says as she dabs a cotton ball on my cuts that has rubbing alcohol soaked in it.