𝟦𝟤 | 𝖯𝗅𝖾𝖺𝗌𝖾 𝖣𝗈𝗇'𝗍 𝖬𝖺𝗄𝖾 𝖬𝖾 𝖣𝗈 𝖳𝗁𝗂𝗌

Start from the beginning

"Hell yeah! What we need is- oh fuck-" Next thing I hear is some quick movement then something hitting a hard surface.

"Serenity?" I hear some faint vomiting noises. "Serenity!"

"Second fucking time today. I'm going to kill Vanessa for making me try seafood. This is why I don't like it!"

"Serenity, slow the fuck down. Did you just throw up? Are you sick?"

"Yes, I just threw up and I think I just have a stomach bug or something from the seafood I ate yesterday night."

"As soon as you come back, I'm having my mamá do a checkup on you in case you still feel bad."

"Elijah I'm fine."

"No you're not-" I pulled my phone away from my ear midway through what I was saying since I felt it vibrating. What does my papá need? "Serenity, my papa's calling so I'll call you tonight?"

"Yeah, okay."

"I love you."

"I love you too."

I hang up and call my papa back. "Papá?"

"Elijah, I need to talk to you, hijo."

"What about?"

"I think it's best if you meet us at your office." He doesn't give me a chance to say anything else before he hangs up. What did he mean by us?

┈┈┈┈┈┈ · ꕥ · ┈┈┈┈┈┈

While on my way to my office, my hand is still in my pocket, holding the velvet box that holds the ring that Serenity will hopefully soon be wearing. I open the door that leads into my office and I'm greeted with my papá and Jonathan. So this is what he meant when he said 'us'.

"Jonathan, to what do I owe the pleasure?"

"Sit down, please."

I narrowed my eyes at my papa. "Papá, what's going on?"

"Hijo-" I let go of the grip I have on the velvet box and pulled my hang out. Both of my hands are now formed into a fist.

"What the hell is going on?" They both look at each other before Jonathan picks up a file of papers from the top of my desk and hands it to me. I don't say anything as I take it from his hands and open the file. "Petition for divorce?! What the fuck is this?!" I yell, throwing the papers on the ground. "And why the fuck does it say that I'm the one who wants the divorce?!"

"Would you rather it be my daughter saying she wants the divorce?" Jonathan asks.

"You two didn't answer my question."

"You know why." Papá adds.

"Oh really? Please, enlighten me."

"The underworld is already starting to question whether your marriage was real or not. There was no wedding or announcement about you getting married."

"You want an announcement?" I ask, walking past them and behind my desk. I then pull out the velvet box and open it to reveal the ring. "Here's your fucking announcement." Jonathan looks away. "Jonathan, I want to propose to Serenity. I want to be engaged to her. I want to marry her with an actual wedding. But in order for me to do all that, I need to ask you for her hand in marriage." He doesn't answer and still has his back towards me. "Do you really want to do this to your daughter? Your youngest, may I add."