Chapter 5 : The guest (new)

Start from the beginning

"Congratulations!!" Roberto, one of my dad's friend uttered, hugging me.

My eyebrows raised up altogether, surprised. 

"Uncle! How have you been?" I exclaimed, hugging him back.

"As fantastic as always. What about you, cutie pie?" 

"I am amazing as well," 

"So, excited to get married?" He raised his eyebrow, stopping a waiter to take wine.

We clanked our glasses before gulping in one shot.

"Very much, he loves me so much." I grinned, glancing back at Ashton who was busy talking to some guests.

My eyes trailed towards his solid chest which was covered with the expensive tux. He looked like a walking model even though he was an army official.

"I'm still here, my niece." Uncle chuckled deeply, forcing me to look away from Ashton.

I looked away, embarrassed for a minute before shrugging casually. I could look at him.

"When will you go back?" I raised an eyebrow, leaning on the support.

"Last this week."

I grinned. 

"Gre—" 

"Miss King," A timid, sweet voice cut me off,  making me frown.

"Yes?"

I looked at uncle apologetically but he shook his head, going away with his new cup of vodka. I sighed and looked at the woman, annoyed.

"There is one guest for you." She murmured, her hands behind her back.

I exhaled, nodding hastily.

"Where?"

"Upstairs, in your study room." She spoke hesistantly, her eyes prancing a look at the stairs.

My mind went off a second before I slammed my hand on wall beside me.

"How can you let someone walk into my study without my permission?" I yelled, making her flinch and cower away.

I bit my upper lip, rubbing my hand across my face and massaging the temple to ease the growing headache due to music.

"Ma–ma'am, he was very persistent. When we denied him, he threatened us. He was very pow—" I cut her off sharply, pointing my finger at the exit.

"Last chance. Next time if something like this happens, you all will be answerable," I hissed, "Get out of my sight before I say something which I might regret."

I exhaled and moved towards my study fastly.

I groaned loudly, ready to jump off when a hand enclosed around my arm. I sharply turned in rage to chop off the arm of the fucker but it was Ashton. He raised his hands, stepping back as he saw my glowering face.

"Oh, it's you!" I chuckled, shaking my head as I tried to calm my mind off.

"Were you expecting someone else?" He narrowed his eyes as he suspected, making me hit at his arm playfully. 

"Yeah, one of my admirer." 

"Oh please! I would fucking kill that person." He rolled his eyes, protectively wrapping his arm around my waist.

"Really?" I raised my shoulder, following him as he lead me to the dance floor.

"Yes. Now, would you grace me with the pleasure of a dance with this beautiful lady beside me?" He dramatically bowed, making me giggle.