7.2

This child. What on earth happened here?! When you and Vanitas went inside, you saw a fragile child looking at a weird-looking painting. It seems that he's been looking at it for hours. The emotionless expression on his face made you pale. You trembled a bit because you remembered your childhood.

You were 4 years old and you were on the streets eating some scraps. You sat beside a dead cat who got its intestines out. You never felt disgusted one bit. You didn't know how to react until you saw a hand reaching out to you. You held out your hand to hers and the next thing you knew she became like a mother to you. Many vampires despise your existence but seeing your mother's smile was all it matters to you.

*******************************************

"Cher, you're a vampire. Why do you have to adopt a child and what's more, A HUMAN CHILD?"

"Oh please, Count. I felt an aura around this child that she might be something greater in the future."

"Don't blame me if this child causes trouble to you one day."

"Nah, this little angel is too cute to cause trouble, Isn't that right, Y/N?"

A 35-year-old lady vampire who is named to be Cher adopted you as her daughter. Her existence was enough for you to be happy until the day she left you without a word. You became lost and empty. Luckily, Inspector Victor helped you as you were wandering in the streets.

"Hello, little one. Where's your mother?"

You didn't utter a word. The inspector didn't know what to do and was in a hurry. "Wanna come with me?" You saw him on an urgent call for a case so you nodded and went with him. After seeing the detective work the Inspector displayed, it inspired you to become one as well. A year after your mother gave a big shock to you but seeing the police helping people by bringing justice gave you hope in living. You decided to talk to the inspector. You grabbed his coat, "Umm..."

Inspector Victor was surprised, "Finally! You can talk."

"I wanna be a detective sir." you had a stern face.

"What?!" The inspector got confused.

After then, you started studying and went with Inspector Victor every time when there's a case. All of the books the inspector gave you helped you a lot. After a year of studying with no rest, you rebelled a bit and participated in the inspector's investigations which gave them a shock.

"Y/N, you're really built differently." The inspector smiled.

"All thanks to you inspector."

*************************************

Going back to the main agenda, that flashback made you feel so nostalgic. Time sure flies. I do wish I could see my mother again. You had a smile that shows so much sadness and happiness. Vanitas looked up to you, "Are you okay, Y/N?" You shook your head and went back to your senses, "Yea!" The old lady showed you both to the living room. You and Vanitas sat by the couch with no words to say. The old lady then asked, "Are you a doctor?" You tilted your head with confusion. You then realized that Lord Ruthven wanted to test your medical skills as well.

Tsk. How annoying. I did take medical courses in advance but they didn't want me to take the board since I'm too young and broke. So basically, Lord Ruthven really took the time to have a background check on me. Now he wants to test me by solving this matter? This is just a drag. Oh, wait. I have Vanitas here. You looked at Vanitas with a sinister smile and replied to the old lady, "Yes Ma'am, but I hope you don't mind me taking my assistant here. I'm also training him to be a wise doctor like me." You reverted into a wholesome smile as you talk to the lady.