The One who Ran Away Part 1

Start from the beginning

   One day at the bakery, a new hire name Renee, was a sweet young woman, with blonde curls and blue eyes.  She was hired to attract the attention of men away from D'Narah, but didn't go as planned because Renee wasn't very good at her job.  She would short change people, get orders wrong, and would also cry when frustrated.  D'Narah saw the troubles she went through, and seen how none of the others tried helping Renee, instead they would simply dismiss her entirely.  Renee would cry in the back alleyway, where D'Narah found her, befriending her and also helped her improve.  So much so, that them two together got business booming.  Which drew in even more customers.  Things were going great in the human world for D'Narah, but also it wasn't, she was alone a lot.  All the money in the world can't buy missing your family.  On her days off, she went back to Devildom.  It was a while since she left, so she figured if she returned they would forget all about this marriage thing, and it worked only by avoiding them all together.  She stayed mostly downtown in the shopping district.  She would walk all over Devildom trying not to be seen by anyone who knew her family.  But she was spotted anyways by her sisters Ra and Adari.  "D'Narah!"  Ra yelled, as they ran up to her.  "Oh my gosh, we missed you.  I can't believe you came back.  Mom told us you were to never come home again."  D'Narah hugged her sisters, and cried because she missed them.  "Where's Centry?"  D'Narah asked.  "He's a council member now, betrothed to another council members daughter.  She's a terrible person, we don't care for her."  D'Narah was happy.  "So are any of you getting married then?"  They both shook their heads.  "No, we haven't been able to date anyone, mother doesn't want us to.  She only wanted you to marry Prince Diavolo, so she could get rid of you..." Adari said, not really meaning to.  "I'm so sorry D'Narah, I shouldn't have said that."  D'Narah smiled at her and dropped the subject.  "Never mind all of that, let's go shopping like we use to."  And they did.  They would frequently shop when D'Narah would visit Devildom on her days off, which grew suspicion on their mother seeing her daughters behavior from time to time.  So much so, she had her son follow them, and report back.  Centry, who was D'Narah older half brother, felt indifferent toward his half sister, she never knew how he felt towards her, they just never made any effort to get along with one another.  So while he was watching his sisters he saw that they were shopping in all the store they use to when D'Narah was home.  "That's strange, they never shop there unless..." And out walked D'Narah, holding fabric that she knew her sisters would like.  "She's back in town, I have to tell mom."  He goes to leave, and alert his mother.  Once home, "Mom, D'Narah is back, she's at the clothing store with Ra and Adari."  Sh'Akariah who was entertaining guests decided she needed to pay a visit to this clothing store.  It took a matter of seconds for them to be face to face with her daughters laughing and enjoying shopping with their sister.  "My, my, my, what do we have here?  I see Ra and Adari found D'Narah, I'm so glad you are home safely sweetheart.  We missed you dear."  D'Narah was scared, because in all her years alive, she's never once been happy to see her, in fact she wished she'd never been born.  "Hello step mother, it's a pleasure to see you.  You look wonderful."  D'Narah said, as her sisters all agreed.  "Well, we wanted to see you before you left again, oh, do go see your father he misses you as well.  Now have fun girls."  Sh'Akariah and her guests all left the clothing store.  "Will you let her disgrace your family again Sh'Akariah, or will she comply this time?"  Sh'Akariah stopped.  "Everything will be fine.  In due time, ladies."  And they continued with their gathering.  Before D'Narah left to go back home to the human world, she stopped to visit her father, who wasn't doing so well, he started drinking again.  "Father, father it's me, D'Narah.  How have you...been, Father are you drinking again?"  She yelled to her dad.  "Why are you here?"  He snarled at her.  "Shouldn't you be wasting away your life in the human world."  D'Narah shook her head.  "No father, I'm doing great.  I have a job, a place to stay, people are treating me better now.  I'm finally happy, and I had to leave.  I don't want to marry someone I didn't love.  I want what you had, you know with mom."  D'Narah father threw a bottle her direction.  "No, you will never be happy in the human world.  You have disgraced our family, you have turned your back on this family, all because you want to be closer to humans.  What about us, D'Narah? You could have been happy with the Demon King's son.  We could still be rich, instead, I'm working favors until I pay my debts, all thanks to you!"  Her father cries.  D'Narah was broken.  "Don't ever come back here again.  I no longer have a daughter."  When he said that, she ran, ran far, ran away to the human world.