10

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━in which two fools in love━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━
in which two fools in love
━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━
.
.
.

it was when todoroki watched from afar as you danced around the common rooms, screaming lyrics you didn't quite know with some of your other classmates that he realized he was in love with you.

it really shouldn't have surprised him as much as it did, but the sheer shock of actually being in love with someone caused him to tense up.

how was he meant to tell you that? did you even feel the same? he had an inkling you did but how was he to be sure. he needed someone to confide in. and who better than his best friend, hospital bed veteran, and love expert phd (as far as todoroki knew), midoriya.

as discreetly as he could, todoroki got up from where he sat and set off to find midoriya who was most likely in his room, given the time. when he knocked on the boy's door, however, he was surprised to see kaminari, sero, kirishima, and most surprisingly, bakugo, all gathered around on his floor.

"hi todoroki! what's up?" midoriya asked, happy to see his friend.

"is..is now a bad time?" todoroki said, eyeing the people who, aside from bakugo, were paying him little mind.

"not at all! to be honest i don't even know how they got in here, they showed up before i did." now how does one get raided like that?

"right. well i have a bit of a problem." todoroki said, nerves started to set in again.

"problem? what kind?" the green haired boy continued, ushering todoroki in as the other three took notice of him.

"it's not a bad problem really," todoroki continued, taking a seat in the bed as the others shuffled around at his feet. "it's just that...i'm in love with y/n."

.

..

...

"well it's about god damn time!" bakugo said, cutting off the silence.

"wha-"

"that's amazing todoroki!"

"awesome dude!"

"glad you figured it out, or else i would've told her for you."

"sero please-"

"okay guys everyone settle down," midoriya said, standing up as he got all the boys to be quiet. "todoroki said that he had a problem, but to be frank i don't see anything wrong with that?"

"it's not so much the feeling that's the issue," todoroki replied, biting the inside of his lip. "it's more so that i don't know how to tell her."

a sly smirk spread across kaminari's face as he slowly rose from floor. "well you're in luck! because i so happen to be the best at love adv-"

"absolutely not," kirishima said, cutting kaminari before he said something stupid. "just be cool with it dude. i'm sure she feels the same way, so don't stress to much in the execution yeah?"

"uh, no. do not listen to him." sero stopped, immediately putting himself into the conversation. "execution is very important, no matter what. if you say it at some random time, how will y /n know if you really mean it?"

"if i may, sero," and now midoriya was giving his opinion. "while i think both you and kirishima have strong points, i think todoroki should do whatever he and l/n would be most comfortable with. they have a strong relationship already so it reallly depends-"

"please let me talk guys i-"

the four boys went back and forth on how todoroki should go about confessing to his girlfriend, while the boy himself stared at them all, unsure if he should stop them or see how it unravels.

"oh my fucking god all of you are idiots," bakugo yelled, causing everyone to stop and look at him. "listen icyhot. the bitch loves you too, that much is obvious."

"please don't call my girlfriend a-"

"yeah yeah whatever. just stop being a pussy and be real with her. she's stupid so she won't care how you do it, as long as you mean it."

"she isn't stup-"

"ADDITIONALLY if you know how you feel that pull your shit together and get it over with. i'm tired of listening to your whiny ass."

"..bro what the hell." kirishima said, his eyes the size of saucers as he stared at the blonde who had now turned his attention to a pack of skittles that had been on the floor.

"what? surprised that i'm smarter than all of you combined?"

"no, we're more surprised that you gave actual good advice." kaminari laughed.

"well kacchan does read a lot of romance manga. he has a whole collection of them in his dorm-"

"SHUT THE FUCK UP DEKU!"

and thus began the midoriya dorm room war of 2021. times were tough, we lost many a solider, death was but knocking at the doors of-

they all fell asleep like thirty minutes later.

...

todoroki woke up the next morning at around seven,. candy, pillows, and pretty much everything in midoriya's room strewn across the floor after last night's chaos.

that's when todoroki remembered why he had sought out his friend in the first place, making him immediately jump up from the bed he wasn't really laying on and bolt out the door to find you.

because he had to tell you. now.

he wasn't worried about what to say, for what he felt couldn't be properly explained through words anyway. his love for you was much too complicated for that.

he knew you'd be asleep right now. it was a weekend and the morning had barely started, so where else would you be but the comfort of your bed.

he knocked on your door three times, waiting anxiously for you to answer, hoping you'd heard him.

moments later you opened the door, still rubbing your eyes from just waking up. "good morning." you said through a yawn. "what brings you here so early?"

"i love you."

you gasped as your half lidded eyes suddenly widened, all fatigue washed from your body and replaced with shock. had you heard him correctly.

"you what?"

"i love you. i love when you wrap your arms around my neck and hug me. i love how you do the weirdest things as if no ones looking even though i am. i love the feeling of your hand in mine. the sound of your voice, your eyes, all of it and i love you. i'd say to the moon and back because you love the moon but it's bigger than that, way bigger than that. you matter so much to me you have no idea. i'm not good with my words but i am totally, irrefutably, completely, in love with you y/n."

todoroki took a deep breath as he finished his confession, you still staring forward as he bent over, palms resting in his knees.

"sorry to do this so early in the morning, i just needed to tell you." and when todoroki looked at you again, you were crying. "y/n!? wait what's wrong? did i say something wrong or-" before his panic could continue, you pulled him in for a passionate kiss. a kiss much longer than the few you both have shared since the ball, one filled with all of the emotions the two of you were feeling.

"i love you too shouto," you whispered in his ear as you both pulled away. "more than even i will ever know."

.
.
.

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━
learn how to express it to one another
━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━