07

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━in which nightmares scare ━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━
in which nightmares scare
━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━
.
.
.

nightmares were nothing new to todoroki, but tonight's left him shaking. the worst part was once he woke up, he couldn't seem to remember anything that took place in the horrific dream. so even if he wanted to, he couldn't even begin to pinpoint what had caused his distress.

all he knew was that it was late, almost half past one in the morning, he was scared, and that he wished at that moment he had someone that he could confide in.

oh wait he has you.

would you be awake though? the last thing he wanted to do was wake you up and bother you over some silly nightmare. he supposed it wouldn't hurt to check.

todoroki quietly got up from his bed, a soft creaking sound coming from the floor, as he tiptoed out of his room, to the elevator, and towards your dorm.

'she'll probably think i'm acting childish' the boy thought to himself as he made his way to your front door. 'she's probably sleeping anyway' however the strip of light he saw at the bottom of your doorway told him otherwise.

letting out a soft sigh that was mixed with nerves and a small amount of his pride, todoroki knocked on the door.

"now who the hell-" he faintly heard you say from the other side of the door, a smile cracking on his face at your reaction. you opened the door soon after. "shouto? what's up? everything okay?" you asked, noticing how he seemed to be sweating. which was weird since it was winter.

"can i stay here tonight?" todoroki asked, worried that you'd say no and make him look like an idiot.

"of course you can," you replied, ushering the boy into your room. "are you alright?"

todoroki sat on your bed, wrapping one of your many blankets around his shoulders. "just a stupid nightmare is all." he mumbled, hiding his face in the soft fabric.

"oh," you said, sitting down him. "do you wanna talk about it?" todoroki shook his head, mainly because he didn't remember. "okay, do you wanna watch the rest of this movie with me then?"

todoroki peeked his head up in interest. "so that's why you're awake."

you laughed, nodding your head as you reached over towards your laptop. "yeah, sometimes i just get into a howl's moving castle mood in the middle of the night."

"i'm sorry, howl's moving what?" you gasped at the boy's question, bewildered by the fact that he'd never seen, or even heard, of the movie.

"okay well now i have to restart it so you can see it in all of its glory." you opened your laptop, the familiar movie coming up on the screen before you restarted it to the beginning and hit play. "prepare to be amazed."

...

"ew why does she look like that." todoroki said in reference to the witch of the waste, a character from the movie who'd definitely seen better days.

"you'll find out." you relied, gently patting his arm.

"i don't think i want to." todoroki yawned out, resting his head on yours.

"tired?" the boy nodded. "go to sleep shouto, it's late."

"what about you?" he whispered, scooting closer towards you.

"i'll go to sleep soon. you just rest for now, alright?"

todoroki grabbed your hand, interlacing your fingers before nodding his head again. "good night y/n. thank you.."

"goodnight shouto, sleep tight."

...

you woke up the next morning nice and warm. so warm in fact you didn't want to leave the security of your covers. until, of course, you realized that your "covers" were not covers, but in fact your sleeping boyfriend.

you two were in a very different position than you were the night prior; you with your head against the pillows and todoroki sprawled out lazily on top of you, his arms loosely wrapped around you torso.

gently petting the boy's hair with a smile, you look over at the clock in your bedside table, noting that it was just after nine. thank goodness it's saturday, or else aizawa would have had a few words to say to you both.

you looked back over to the boy that was still sleeping in your arms, reminding yourself just how lucky you were to have him in your life.

you debated over waking him up so the two of you could start you day, but by the soft fluttering of his heterochromatic eyes, he himself seemed to beat you to it.

"y/n..?" he asked in a low voice, a token of just waking up. "hi.."

"hello roki," you chuckled, seeing todoroki in a groggy state for the first time. "sleep well?" he nodded, his unmoving body still pressed against yours. "do you wanna get up now?"

"no."

"shouto come on it's time to get up."

"no."

"someone's gonna come looking for us."

"let them."

"don't you want breakfast?"

"eh."

you tried to get yourself up out of the bed but was immediately held down by todoroki as his grip on you tightened, resulting in you flopping back onto the bed in utter defeat.

"nooo," the boy mumbled into your skin. "just a little longer, and then we can go."

you sighed, smiling slightly at todorki's out of character behavior, before giving in and scooting closer towards him.

"i suppose we can stay here just a little longer."

.
.
.
━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━
and early mornings call for cuddles
━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━