Chapter 19

My eyes widen, but I couldn't stop moving.

"What!? Why?"

Eren huffed and continued walking, soon arriving to the exit. Warm air hit my skin as we stepped outside. Eren looked eagerly for something in his pockets and when he finally found it, I saw him taking out a lighter and a pack of cigarettes. Last time I saw him smoking was that night when we still didn't know each other that well. My eyebrows furrowed as he places one in his mouth and lights it. He puffed out a big cloud of smoke and leaned on the wall.

"Eren..." I call out, but he just looks away. Sighing, I decided it's for the best for him to think about everything that happened and then talk. I wait for him to finish his cigarette, only so he could pull another one. And another one after that. I couldn't stand looking at him poisoning himself, so when he was about to take a fourth one, I snatch it out of his hand.

"I think that's enough." I say as I throw it on the ground, stepping on it. Eren sighs and rubs his temples, closing his eyes.

"Leave, Y/N... You don't want to see me like this." He says weakly and sits down on the concrete floor. I squat next to him and rub his arm.
"Because I lost control last game, he put me on pause." He says with a bitter voice.

"He knows about my anger... I'm allowed on the field because of him.. Because he trusted me I wouldn't lose my control, and I didn't, for so long... I don't know what happened that time. It's just... my emotions, everything is a mess." He speaks panicky, and I was at loss of words. I could feel where this was leading to.

"Because of you. Because of you, I'm feeling all these useless emotions, Y/N. My anger has gotten worse because of you."

I was shocked, what has gotten into him?
How could it be my fault?

"Stop it.." I felt my eyes tearing up, but I didn't want to cry.

"No.. It all makes sense now.. The moment you walked in my life, everything changed. I got into a fight with my friends, I lost control not only of my anger, but my other emotions as well. Just because you made me feel everything again, Y/N." Eren was basically screaming those words at me and at this point I couldn't even see him. My vision was so blurry, I waited for my tears to fall down.

"Let's end this." He said and got up. Tears were streaming down my face as I cried. I didn't want to look at him.

"I... hate you..." My first love, officially done. Great, it sucks. They weren't lying when they said it hurt like hell. Eren was the first person I had that kind of feelings for, and seeing him end everything so fast, it just showed he didn't care as much. I bit my lips as I felt my salty tears in my mouth. I heard a honk and looked back with my teary eyes. I focused to make out the person. It was Armin. He looked worried as he stood in front of the taxi. I look back to Eren when I hear voices calling out his name. Behind him in the distance were his friends, and without saying anything else, he turned around and left. My heart felt like it was breaking, and I couldn't move. I wondered what caused his behavior, but my thoughts were interrupted by a tap on my shoulder.

"Y/N.." Armin stood there, looking sorry with his eyes. I wanted to hug him, to cry it out, but he was friends with Eren. With a guy who just broke my heart. Armin took my hand and led me to the taxi, and we both went home to our apartments. He tried to talk to me, but I didn't say a word. I shut the doors of my apartment, and when my face hit my pillow, I couldn't hold back my tears, they just started flowing. My head hurt after I probably cried for 2 hours, and I couldn't get out of my bed. Heartbreak is officially the worst feeling ever.

EREN'S POV

I was standing in front of my coach, everyone else was sitting down and looking at me. I felt Y/N's presence behind me dissapear, she must've left the room.

"I wanted to talk, Eren." Coach said in a serious tone, and I just nodd, impatiently waiting for what he had to say.

"Last game was a disaster. We lost. And what happened with you? I thought you had the power and will to keep it together." He folded his arms, starting right at my soul.

"I'm sorry, coach, I promise-"

"Don't make promises if you can't keep them, boy. Now, as your supervisor and coach, it's my duty to solve the problem. Your friends here gave me a heads up on what you have been doing. You know, all these years, I never considered you as the guy that can get smitten by a girl." My eyes widen and immediately avert to Judy. I can't believe it, is she the reason I'm here?

"I want you to think about priorities, and then show up on the field. You're free from the game, I hope by the next one we'll have old Eren back." I was biting my tongue to not say anything, I didn't want to worsen the situation.

"Coach, I can play-" I tried to speak but he raised his finger in the air. The gesture he usually does to shut someone up.

"Don't make me rethink my decisions, captain." He emphasized the last word, and before I said something else, I stormed outside of the room.

I saw Y/N's small figure stand up, but I couldn't look at her, already knowing what I'm about to do. Maybe everyone was right. Maybe this is stupid. When did my feelings ever matter to me? Why would they? They always make situations worse and more complicated. Before, I shut down all my emotions, as well as I kept my anger in place. Now that I let them out with Y/N, it seemed that anger found a way out too. Whatever it is, I had to stop it.