Chapter Seventeen: Nashville Knockdown (Part III)

"So, where are we heading now? I can't exactly see where my feet are moving." Clapton asked, fully aware that he could not see his own body and was just operating on instinct.

"Not too far," Shizuka said. "I want to get far enough that we can observe Broudie's movements without him noticing us. Don't worry about where you're running, as long as my hand's on your arm, you'll know exactly where to go. And also... try whispering. Just because he can't see us doesn't mean he can't hear us."

"Gotcha."  Clapton affirmed softly. He tried to imagine Shizuka as a captain of a team, knowing that following her instructions would ultimately lead him to success.

They stopped on a point on the paved ground roughly 100 meters from where Clapton had brought Broudie to.

"Alright, let's see what-

Shizuka was cut off by the sound of a vehicle pulling into the parking lot. It parked close to Broudie's position. Both she and Clapton knew what it was.

"That's... the taxi that brought us here." Shizuka said.

"I fucking knew that guy was part of this somehow." Clapton exclaimed as quietly as he could.

"Huh?" Shizuka said.

"What do you mean, 'huh'?" Clapton said.

"It's weird hearing you swear, Clapton."

"I know. I don't normally swear. Only when I'm really worked up."

"Ahh, you learn something new everyday. But more importantly, let's keep an eye out on what we just found here."

The 'taxi driver' stepped out of his vehicle. He looked frantic as his feet hit the pavement, hurrying over to Broudie's side.

"Goddamn it, Broudie. You let a couple of kids cave you in like that?" He said, bringing the British man back to his senses.

"Oh, is that you, Hol Horse?" Broudie asked as his eyes opened, starting to take in his surroundings.

"Yes, it's me, Broudie. Now, tell me, where did them kids go?"

"Uh, well, I'm not-

"Use your Stand and find 'em! It's getting dark, and the Joestar girl can turn invisible, right? Use your infrared-catching Stand and help me find those fuckers!"

"Yes, yes. I'll get it back. Blood Runs Cold!"

Within seconds, the diving suit-like Stand returned to his side. It stood in one spot, turning around slowly for a full 360 degrees. Clapton and Shizuka froze. There was no mud in the area, so they were unable to mask their presence.

"There!" Broudie cried. "There they are! 100 meters to the west!" he said as Blood Runs Cold pointed in a very specific direction, the sonar on its visor emitting a repetitive sound.

"And that's our cue to run." Shizuka said, sprinting more to the west, yanking Clapton as she set off.

"I'll just shoot at their legs, no lethal force needed here!" Hol Horse said pridefully. He put his hands together, and in between his fingers manifested his Stand, Emperor.

"Shizuka, they can hear our footsteps, right?" Clapton asked suddenly in the midst of their escape.

"Well... yeah, they can." she said with a hint of defeat. The fact that the ground was made of pavement didn't help either.

"I've got a much more... efficient way of fleeing."

Almost instantly after saying this, Clapton's Stand appeared in front of them.