Chapter 3

I woke up in an unfamiliar room and found myself lying in bed; the room was well furnished and it was quite spacious.

I tried standing up, but my body doesn't respond at all, as if I lost total control of it. I then suddenly remember the dream that played on my mind.

What a bad time to to remember... I thought to myself.

I took the moment to remember what happened at the present and how I got here. The first thing that came to my mind was the encounter I had with Sangonomiya Kokomi.

She and I battled and I lost consciousness, but before that happened; I fought the Raiden Shogun her self and got myself heavily wounded.

"Do you remember me...?" We're the words that first came to my mind after the encounter I had with Sangonomiya Kokomi.

"...Of course I remember you..." I muttered. "Mii-chan..." It's what I used to call her back when we were still kids, while she called me Hiro.

"Yes, I'm right here." I suddenly heard a voice beside me, startling me. I slowly glanced to the side and saw Sangonomiya Kokomi beside me.

"How are you faring? Does your body hurt anywhere?" She asked. I opened my mouth, but no word comes out. She noticed my action and smiled gently at me, as if she understood, nodding to her self.

"It seems like you're still not all right, I understand." She continued to smile and slowly reached out to my hand, enveloping it in hers, while squeezing it gently.

A little surprised, I squeezed back with the same amount as her after a few seconds, she was also startled by my action, but a much more gentle and sweeter smile formed on her face.

"Don't worry, I'll be right by your side, so take your time and rest." With that, I slowly closed my eyes and fell asleep once more.

...

...

...

I woke up once more, feeling a tad bit better. Glancing at the window shows a beautiful sunset. It indicated that it was almost night time.

I slowly tried to lay my back against the bed, but a sharp pain surges through every part of my body and I flinched in pain, but I still managed to sat up despite the pain.

"O-Ouch..." I yelped.

I scanned the room and found Sangonomiya Kokomi sleeping at the side of the bed. I still felt the same warmth I felt when she held my hand, so I glanced at it and saw that her hand was still enveloped with mine tightly.

I reached out to her head in an attempt to pat her with my open hand, but stopped mid-way since it might be rude to do so. That's when she woke up abruptly, as if she sensed me.

She stares at my stopped hand, mere inches from her head with a perplexed expression. But after a few seconds, she grabs my stopped hand with her open hand and puts it in her head.

I instinctively pat her and she smiled as if she was enjoying it.

"Hehe... Ehehe..." She giggled happily.

"So where am I...?" I stop patting her as I asked.

"At the Sangonomiya manor, located at Watatsumi island." So I'm all the way here, huh? I thought, considering the distance of Inazuma City from Watatsumi island.

"I see... I'm sorry for troubling you, Sangonomiya Kokomi-san..." I said.

"Hm?" She froze on the spot with her gaze locked on me, but after a few moments, a frown forms on her face.