Chapter 9

He knew all too well, how it felt to lose someone. At least, he once did.

His memories had all but faded, and he couldn't remember anything about his past in the past few days after he met with Scaramouche.

He forgot how to wield the sword that was given to him by a certain someone, and he lost the knowledge he once had. Yet somehow, his body knew how to fight. As if he moved only by instinct.

His mind tells him to defeat the Raiden Shogun and anything or anyone that gets in his way shall be erased, for they are nothing but flies that disturbs the jaguar going for its prey.

So why is it that his hand stopped; when all he needed was to drive his blade onto her neck? He was inches away from taking her life, yet, for some reason, he lost control of his own body.

His hands trembled for some reason as his blade was shaking. No, it would be more appropriate to say that both his hand and his sword were trembling from something he's not aware of.

After Kokomi closed her eyes and accepted that it was futile to resist, it suddenly felt like Hiro's blade was taking an eternity to reach her neck.

Curious about what happened, she turned around, and what she saw made her eyes widen.

Hiro's hands were trembling, and from beneath his mask, there was water dropping. His body was as if it was petrified, but his hands were continuously shaking.

Hiro didn't even notice that Kokomi had turned around to face him. But now, Kokomi knew what she had to do. Lumine also noticed that Hiro had suddenly stopped, while Gorou was still incapacitated and Kazuha couldn't stand up. It was up to Lumine and Kokomi to stop him.

So this time, they spared no effort and moved to stop him. Lumine went and grabbed both of Hiro's arm from behind and made a Geo construct that stopped Hiro's feet. Kokomi used a another set of Hydro bindings that bound his entire body.

Though, despite being cornered, Hiro was still petrified and he didn't even utter a single word. But instead of observing him, Kokomi approached Hiro and took of his mask, only to be shocked.

His face was pale and his eyes were dull, yet, there were tears flowing from it.

Masamune was shaking uncontrollably along with his hand, and at this time, Kokomi was convinced. Masamune was doing its best to stop Hiro.

Somewhere in Hiro's consciousness, he felt like he was drifting in a sea of void. It was as if he couldn't see the light, nor it could reach him. On top of that, it was very cold.

"Where... am I?" He muttered, and there was no response. He didn't know why he was there, nor he knew how he got there.

Wherever he looked, wherever he turned; there was nothing but darkness. He was alone, no one was there for him. No one...

"You're just a backup. They were not happy because of you, but because of the backup inside of you." He heard a voice behind him, but as soon as he turned around, there was no one around.

"The life you led until now was nothing but a lie." He heard another voice, but as soon as he turned to the direction he heard it from. Again, it was empty.

"No."

"Lies, lies, lies, lies." This time there were multiple voices in different directions, but again. Even if he turned around to the direction it came from, there was nothing.

"No!"

"Lies lies lies lies lies lies lies lies lies lies lies lies lies lies lies lies lies lies lies lies lies lies lies lies lies lies lies lies lies lies lies lies lies lies lies lies lies lies lies lies lies lies lies lies lies lies lies lies lies lies lies lies lies lies lies lies lies lies lies lies."