⇛ 𝐂𝐇. 𝟐𝟐

Start from the beginning

"sorry. we don't know." jaemin replied, keeping his word that he wouldn't tell mark that yunhee had gotten detention.

mark sighed and turned to chenle. "i'll check the great hall."

"i'll check the hufflepuff common room again." chenle said and they both split up to check.

"yunhee said not to tell mark, but she didn't say not to tell chenle." jisung told his friends before hurrying after the said boy. "chenle!"

"what do you want?" he asked, turning around to glare at him.

"i do know where yunhee is, but i couldn't tell mark because she asked us not to. she had detention with umbridge." jisung explained. "i know in a way i'm breaking a promise, but i just thought you should know."

"jisung, thanks a lot." chenle responded, smiling at him for the first time in possibly years. "i'll tell mark, so technically you didn't break any promises."

"alright." jisung smiled back, watching his former best friend head towards the great hall.

"mark, i know where yunhee is." chenle said, patting him on the back to stop him from interrogating another student.

"great. where?"

"in detention with umbridge."

"oh no." mark eyes widened and he rushed out the great hall.

"mark, chill. its fine. it's only detention. she's had one before." chenle said, catching up with him as he ran up the moving stairs to get to umbridge's office.

"no, it's not fine. detention with umbridge is not fine. we have to find her quick."

"i don't understand. wh— yunhee!" chenle exclaimed, catching sight of the brunette sat in an empty hallway, staring down at her hand. "yunhee, what's wrong? why are you crying?!"

"it's nothing." she replied, hiding it and wiping her eyes as her friends kneeled down in front of her.

"show me your hand." mark said and she shook her head. "yun, please."

she rubbed her eyes one more time then stuck out her hand, showing the sentence 'i must not break the rules' etched into the skin on the back of her hand. the cuts were still fresh so there were dots of blood that oozed out from it. it was painful just to look at.

"what?! what the hell?! umbridge did this to you?" chenle shouted, shocked and infuriated.

"she made me write it over and over on paper and it appeared on my skin. the wound healed each time so it was fine before, but it wont heal as quick now." yunhee explained, feeling new tears appear in her eyes.

"she did it to me, as well. that's why i didn't want you lot getting detention." mark said. "the pain won't last long, yun."

"but it hurts a lot now." she sobbed and mark brought her into his arms, hugging her. "why is she doing this?"

"she's living out her torturer fantasies." chenle sighed, patting her head. "she's abusing the power she's been given to harm those that challenge her even in the slightest. i promise we'll get her back for that."