Chapter 2: Boss's Daughter

Tara's POV

"Tara!" A voice calls. I turn and see Kimberlynn, Blake's girlfriend.

"Yes?" I'm ultimately confused because not once in my life has Kimberlynn ever willingly talked to me. She's never even approached me. 

"Come to mine later tonight, k?" I thought she hated me. What the hell was going on? 

"Uh, yeah, sure," I say, although something in me was hinting that it was a bad idea. 

//////////////

I walk home from school every day. Tom usually goes out with Brady and he refuses to drop me off at home before he leaves. 

I almost don't acknowledge the girl sitting on a bench as I walk by her, but her muffled cries stop me in my tracks and I look at her. Something about her was familiar and when I looked down at her shoes, blue converse covered in yellow sunflowers, I knew it was Tom's girlfriend. 

"Emily?" I walk towards the crying girl on the bench. 

"Go away," she says, covering her face.

"Did Tom do something? I'll kill him, I swear," I say. 

"Go." She chokes out, not answering my question, making me even more concerned. It's not typically like Tom to hurt people, especially a girlfriend, believe it or not. 

"I'll do whatever it is to help," I offer, sitting down next to her. 

"You won't do much."

"Emily." 

"I'm not comfortable speaking of this with you." 

"Emily, please," I whisper. She sighs and turns to bury her face in my shoulder. 

"I'm pregnant," she whispers and she bursts into tears again. I pull away and stare at her in shock. 

"There's no way," I exclaim, but she nods her head.

"And Tom?" She nods again. Tom is the father. 

"And you're keeping it?" I ask. 

"I...I don't know." I suck in a deep breath.

"Tom will be heart broken." 

"Who says he even finds out." My eyes widen.

"Emily Carstairs!" I gasp. She looks away guiltily. 

"My brother would want to know that he's going to be a father."

"I can't." She chokes out.

"Why not?" 

"He'll leave me," she whispers. My mouth drops. 

"Emily, Tom would never leave you. He loves you too much." When I say this Emily looks at me in shock. 

"No, he doesn't," she says. 

"Emily!" I gasp. She nods and looks away, blinking back tears. 

"He doesn't love me. We've never said it to each other and he hasn't hinted at it or anything."

"Emily, if he didn't love you he probably wouldn't of done that, whether it was intentional or not." I motion to her stomach. She gulps.

"I don't know what to do though." She whispers.

"Come on," I say with a sigh, grabbing her hand and pulling her off of the bench. She gives me a questioning look.

"You're telling Tom."

Emily's POV

"Tom, can we talk?" I ask quietly. He turns from the TV and nods. I sit at the edge of his bed. 

"What's up, princess?" he asks. 

"I have to tell you something," I whisper. Tom nods his head for me to go on.

"Something happened and I don't know how to tell you." Tom looks down at me, and this time he looks worried.

"I...I'm pregnant," I whisper. I look over at Tom and he's frozen.

"You...you're pregnant?" He asks, and I nod.

"You're gonna be a dad." He then wraps me in a tight hug.

"I love you so much."