"I-I'm sorry." I apologised, quickly pulling out my phone to check the compass. Before I even got the chance, Jungkook told me the harsh truth.

"The detective group got exposed." He told me in a brittle voice as though he was about to cry. As the words sink in, my muscles became rigid and I could feel my skin tingling. Blinking rapidly, at him to calm down, I try exhaling. "Y-you must be joking- isn't it meant to be a secret?"

"Exactly... it was. It was meant to be a secret so we can stab them in the back as they did with several other people. But no... they found out easily." He exhaled heavily, giving the floor a hard glance.

"But if the teachers knew that is a secret, why would they post-"

"That's the thing," Jungkook said and I thought he had agreed with me but it was much more different. "The teachers aren't in charge of the newsletter, a student is."

"Oh..." My voice trailed off as I chew my lip, trying to think of how the student knew. Standing up from his bed, I traced back and forth, between the television and his bed. "Who's the student?"

"Dani. The one who accused you of murdering her best friend, Nari." Jungkook murmured, biting his lip in annoyance and I stopped walking and stayed at my spot, which was right in front of his bed, even though he was facing the balcony, "I don't even have any connections with her. Additionally, I dislike her so how?"

"Then she might be one of them," I answered his question as I tapped my foot and he looked up at me with this fiery look that had left shivers down my spine.

"Y/N, you can't go around accusing people like this. Is fine if you tell me your theories but if anyone happens to hear you, it will spread like wildfire and there will be demands to kick you out." Jungkook said, biting his nails.

"What? Why? Isn't it freedom of speech?" I frowned and he shakes his head.

"Y/N, remember how Dani had said that I had kicked three other new students out from the last three years because they were accused of being a murderer? But since that didn't happen to you, some people just started hating you and find it hard to accept you."

"Then just kick me out." I finished but he gave me a menacing look that could send daggers flying. He sighed in irritation, standing up, and slowly started walking towards me as though he wanted to beat me up. I started backing away each time he starts coming closer. "I mean... is the only way to solve the problem isn't it?"

My back landed on the smooth wall and nervously look up at him. The eye contact we both holds was intense, it was like whoever looked away first, loses. He suddenly grabs my arm and pins me against the wall, his strong body pressing on mine with his hands firmly laid flat surface beside my head which was hurting my back. He was staring deeply into my eyes, as though he was trying to understand me.

"There's no way, not in a million years I'm kicking you out." He muttered hoarsely, his eyes looking at mine intensely. "No matter what anyone says, I don't give a damn f*ck about it. You're staying here, end of discussion."

...

"Since when were we discussing this?" I asked, forcing a bright smile as I was trying to calm my heart down from beating too fast at the look he was giving me. "And, okay... I guess I'm staying here." I said nervously, using my other weak hand to grab his hand which was on mine and remove it from my other hand which was pinned onto the wall.

Exhaling out loud, he places each of his hands on his hips, looking away and wetting his lips again.

"You know, I'm not going to say anything recklessly so you don't need to worry about me," I reassure him but he kept his gaze on the window, looking outside. "But, can we at least go and asked Dani why she posted it? And how does she know about it? You know, is always better to not stay silent about it and ask out loud..." My voice faded when he turned to look at me with a stare that is either hard or stern like he's planning to scold me.