Chapter 30: My Ideal Life

These 4 months have been nothing short of incredible. I gained a girlfriend, who I saw everyday. Our first night together as a couple, we spoke about my plans for the future. She wanted to go with me, and take her last year of school in another high school close to my university. However, I disagreed with her request.

Me: Hayase, it's not possible. You can't just leave the country and go to a place where the only people you'll know are myself and Arisu. And besides, your English is awful. You wouldn't last a d-

She flicked my forehead, as she pouted.

Hayase: I-It was jus a suggestion.

Me: And don't get me started on what your parents would think. We have to be realistic.

Hayase: I know that!

Me: That's why I want you to finish highschool, and then decide if you want to go to the United States.

Hayase: But then, you'll be gone for a year. And don't get me started on the amount of girls you'll attract if I leave you alone. Have you seen American college girls?

Me: You don't need to worry. They probably won't even be near me to begin with.

Hayase: And why is that?

Me: Because Arisu might kill them with her words before they enter the same space as me.

Hayase's face turned dark.

Hayase: So that bitch is coming with you over there.

Me: She is. Apparently, she's decided on becoming my agent. It's her way of always staying by my side.

Hayase: But she still has feelings for you!

Me: She does. But I think now, she's decided to relent. You see, before the year, I rejected her.

Hayase: What?

Me: She asked me to come with her to her vacation house and I agreed. However, it was more than that and it ended with her trying to seduce me.

Hayase's grip got even stronger around me, as she was jealous. It would have been adorable, but her grip was on my neck.

Me: She wanted to hear my response, and I rejected her. Instead, I told her she can stay at my side. She would be my best friend. And so, yesterday, she negotiated terms between myself and that scout.

Hayase: Where would she be living?

Me: I wanted an apartment close to campus, rather than dorming there. It was because I'd like to have you over there.

She blushed as she looked away.

Me: But since you still need to finish school here, Arisu will be staying in the spare room for the year.

Hayase: WHAT!

Me: Nothing'll happen.

Hayase: I know you won't do anything! But what about her?!

Me: It'll be fine. Our relationship is strictly platonic. Anymore, and I cut ties.

Hayase: Really?

Me: Yes. And besides, I'll visit during my term break. Just in time for Christmas.

Hayase hugged me, as I held her. I was going to work to being a decent individual, and create a life enough to please Hayase.

Me: After graduation, I'll be flying to the United States right away, because I will be in a press conference to announce Jon as the new head coach and myself as the newest foreign player in Duke University.