Chapter 8: Home Sweet Home

Nagatoro: Senpai! This way!

Me: Yeah, alright. 

We were running through the rain as she held up my coat as cover, while I ran through it. Although I've heard people get fevers due to this, I've never suffered from an illness in the 17 years I've lived. So I doubt this will be any different.

After a couple of minutes, we reached her door as she took out a key, opening it. 

Nagatoro: Come on, Senpai! 

Me: Sure. 

I entered as I closed the door behind me. Looking around, her house appeared to be much more normal in nature than I gave her credit for previously. I guess she's the odd one out from her family when it comes to personality. 

Nagatoro: You can leave your stuff on that table there. 

Me: Thanks. 

I dropped my bag on it as I took off my shoes and left them in the front of the door. 

Nagatoro: These clothes are so sticky! I'm going to take a bath right now, senpai, so no peeking!

Me: What's there to see anyway?

I was met with multiple attacks to my body as she looked embarrassed. After a couple of minutes, she stopped and got her change of clothes, entering the bathroom. I, on the other hand, went around the house to look at everything. It was quiet decently sized, or at least much more spacious than my singular apartment I'm staying in.

As I was looking around, I saw three rooms in the hallway. One of them was her parent's room, the other Nagatoro's room, and the last room maybe belonged to her brother? I don't recall her ever saying she had a brother. Strange. 

For the remainder of the time, I sat in their living room, but making sure to bring a towel since I was still soaked. The last thing I wanted to do, was mess up her house, and then owe her for cleaning it up. Winning against Nagatoro is done only if I am one step ahead of her after all. 

After some time of lying on that sofa, the bathroom door finally opened and out came Nagatoro. 

Nagatoro: Ah~! That was amazing! 

She was wearing normal clothing, shirt and pants, while cleaning her hair with that white towel. 

Me: Took you long enough. 

I got up and grabbed the towel I was sitting on, pulling it over my back as I approached the bathroom. 

Me: Can I use your bathroom? I'd like to change out of these clothes and let them dry. 

Nagatoro: But Whatcha gonna put on, senpai? I don't think you got any other clothes with you. 

Me: I'll just wait in a separate room with a towel on, waiting for them to dry. After that, I won't bother you anymore today. 

Nagatoro: Oh come on, senpai! Oh, I know!

She ran towards that room which I speculated to belong to her brother, if she even had one. 

Nagatoro: My brother is out with his friends right now, so he wouldn't mind me taking out some of his clothes, hehe. 

She grabbed a shirt and sweatpants from his closet and gave it to me.

Nagatoro: You're around his size so it should fit you perfectly. 

Me: I can't accept this. It's fine.