Chapter 27: Christmas Eve With Senpai

Start from the beginning

Nagatoro: Dad! Stop!

Ichiro: HAHAHA!!

Big-Sis-Toro: Hehehe

What? Where is he even getting these accusations from? 

Me: That's not it at all, sir. I simply work part time and pay my own rent-

Nagatoro's Father: That means you aren't a dedicated student either!!!!

Me: I'm currently ranked number one in my-

Nagatoro's Father: NO ONE LIKES A BRAGGER!!!

Me: I'm only answering you-

Nagatoro's Father: DON'T THINK I'LL LET YOU HAVE M-

In that instant, Nagatoro's mom slammed an elbow into his stomach, knocking him out instantly, as she caught him before he flew off of his seat. 

At this, the entire room grew quiet, as my eyes were completely widened. 

So Nagatoro and her siblings didn't learn fighting from their father... they learned it from their mother?

Nagatoro's Mother: I apologize for my husband. He tends to go insane whenever one of our daughters brings a boy over. 

Me: It's fine. 

I was wrong to assume the Father was the threat. He was merely masking the true monster. 

Nagatoro's Mother: Now, where were we?

Wait, are they going to leave him unconscious and still in his seat?

Looking over at Nagatoro, I could tell she was somewhat embarrassed of what had just transpired. 

Ichiro: Why don't we talk about how you two met, how does that sound Mom?

Nagatoro's Mother: That sounds like fun. Are you alright with sharing? This is the first time Hayase has brought over a guy to our house. 

Nagatoro: Mom!

Me: It wasn't all that impressive. I was in the library one day last year, on my first day of school since I recently transferred, and I was being constantly interrupted by this group of friends. 

Staring at Nagatoro, she turned away, embarrassed.

Me: I told them to be quiet, and they proceeded to tease and insult me. 

Ichiro: Damn, and now you're like this, sis? So gross!

Nagatoro: Shut up!

Big-Sis-Toro: Hehehe

Me: I ignored them and they seemed to dim down as I left the library. Then, later that day, I knew I was being followed by someone so I turned a corner to surprise them, and it turned out to be Nagatoro herself. 

 Nagatoro's Mom: Ara, Ara.

Me: She was interested in my lack of emotion so we then hung out for the rest of the afternoon and exchanged phone numbers. That's basically it. 

Ichiro: Damn, I was hoping for something more badass, like helping her from bullies or something. 

Nagatoro's Mom: I think it's adorable. 

Nagatoro sighed as the 5 of us continued to talk while eating. 

Nagatoro's Mom: So, Ayanokouji?

Me: Yes?

Nagatoro's Mom: You're graduating soon, aren't you?

Nagatoro, hearing this appeared a bit sadder, as Ichiro and Big-Sis-Toro caught on to this as well.