Chapter 21: One Little White Lie

Start from the beginning

Nagatoro: What do you think you're doing, senpai?!

Me: What does it look like I'm doing? I was going to get your phone. 

Nagatoro: But if he finds out this is a boy's apartment, I'm dead!

Me: I thought your excuse was to go to a friends apartment?

Nagatoro: It is! But not in a boy's apartment!

I reassured her. 

Me: Ok, ok. I'll think of something.

???: Hey, anyone in there? Don't tell  me I got the wrong apartment?

Releasing her arms off of me, I went up to the door and opened it, as Nagatoro was whispering at me to stop. 

For the first time, I came face to face with Nagatoro's brother

For the first time, I came face to face with Nagatoro's brother. Although I had seen him in a distance, I couldn't see the resemblance. And now I can confirm there is one. 

His eyebrows, facial structure, and smile appear to be the same. The only difference was he was much taller, around my height. He also had an athletic build and broad shoulders. Given how much praise Nagatoro says about her brother, he must have been the one to teach her martial arts. And from what Nagatoro has told me, he's in a university which means he's in his 20s.  

???: Who the hell are you? Where's my sis? You did something to her?

An overprotective older brother. He wore a similar smile to Nagatoro, as I sighed. 

Me: I live here. 

???: What?

Me: Yeah. My sister is best friends with Nagatoro so she's been asking her to come over and hang out for a while. I'm not usually here since I work long hours, but a shift got canceled this morning. 

???: Huh, I see. So, you mind me coming in?

Me: I don't see why not. Make yourself at home. 

Walking inside, he saw Nagatoro sitting at the table eating breakfast. 

Nagatoro's brother: So where is your sister, um.. what is your name again?

Me: Ayanokouji Kiyotaka. 

Nagatoro's brother: So, where's you sister, Ayanokouji? Shouldn't she be here? 

Looking at Nagatoro, suggestively with a smile, Nagatoro looked away. 

She also was befuddled at the lie I told. However, she went with it. 

Nagatoro: Oh she said she'd go to the convenience store and get us some snacks for later. 

He smiled. 

Nagatoro's brother: Oh, well in that case, I'll wait until she gets here. 

Nagatoro panicked a bit.