Chapter 20: Goodbye President

Začít od začátku

Arisu waived goodbye to me, as she excused herself from my classroom, to the cheers of my entire class. 

Couldn't they wait until afterschool to show me their scores? I mean, they're posted for everyone to see on the bulletin board at the front of the main school hallway. But, no matter. They already caused a scene, and thankfully, this will be the last of their little stunts while I'm in class this year. Since this was the last day of class, all I looked forward to was summer vacation, of which I planned to relax in my apartment. 

As the teacher continued to finish his meaningless lesson, I received a message. 

It must be Nagatoro or even Arisu. But when I took out my phone, and looked at the message, it was neither of them. Rather it was President. That's strange. I assumed she'd already went and took a look at her college by now and was with family. 

The text read simply 'Art Room'

 Art Room? Was she in this school? What does she want? If I had to guess, it may have to do with asking me to search for more people to maintain the existence of the art club. Well, she could have just called me regarding that and I'd get a few people to join. 

Teacher: Ayanokouji! Are you on an electrical device?!!!!

Still thinking about the text, I didn't pay attention to my teacher's question and I simply gave a response. 

Me: No.

Veins popped on his head as he answered. Sensing repercussions, I sighed and apologized, while still glancing at my phone.  

Teacher: Ok.

For someone who really had nothing else to do but congratulate us on finishing the year, you'd think he'd be more lenient in class. But I guess not. 

Laughter came from my classmates, as I simply stared at my phone.  

Me: Fine. I'll see what you want, President. 

Sending a text back, I said I'd be there after class. I then sent a text to Nagatoro. I made sure to tell her I'd be fixing up the art room and then I'd meet her at our usual cafe.  

I've grown wary of the things that trigger Nagatoro. Whenever I hang out with girl classmates, I make sure to say they're male. I don't mention Arisu when we converse, (except for that brief mistake a few moments ago) and I simply agree with her. And because of that, it appears Nagatoro's overbearing characteristics, have decreased. 

So that's why I won't mention President to her. Because it provides no benefit to sharing it, just like my past. 

...

...

...

Nagatoro POV

Me: Finally, class is over!

Summer vacation, here we go! 

Gamo-chan: Let's go get Kiyo-pai. 

Yoshi-chan: Kiyo-pai!

Sakura: We need to celebrate, hehe. 

Smiling, I checked my phone. I was going to text him, but I saw a text. It's from Senpai? He doesn't usually text me in class. 

'I'll be staying behind and cleaning the art room. Go without me to that cafe. I won't take long.'

Huh? But didn't he clean the art room yesterday since club activities ended that day? So why is he going back to the art room?

Gamo-chan: Huh? Hayacchi, what happened? He rejected you and didn't wanna join us, hahaha. 

Yoshi-chan: Hahaha.