Chapter 18: Senpai! Don't Study Without Me! Pt 1

Start from the beginning

Nagatoro sighed. 

Nagatoro: No, you're right. You're doing a nice thing. I just wish it weren't today of all days, senpai. 

Me: In order to get a good cram session in, they also said I should stay over for the night since we can get more done l-

Nagatoro: That's it! I'm coming too senpai!!!

Me: But you're grades are pretty good. B's across all your subjects. You don't need anything from me. Oh, don't tell me, ae you jea-

Nagatoro:  You better not get the wrong idea, Senpai!!! I'm just going because I don't trust you alone with my friends!

Me: Fair enough. You can meet be over at Sakura's house. I need to get a change of clothes and my studying materials. 

Nagatoro: I'm coming with you! 

Me: If that's what you want, then so be it.

I walked away in the direction of my apartment, as Nagatoro jogged to my side and seemed to get a bit red in her cheeks. 

...

...

...

Nagatoro: Senpai, are you sure about this?

Me: Why wouldn't I be? They're your friends and we've hung out for half a year. I'm pretty sure we can handle a single study session. And besides, Arisu isn't here today. 

Nagatoro: Senpai, how many times have I told you to stop calling her by her first name. It pisses me off. 

I sighed. 

Me: Sorry. But you get what I mean. The one person who could cause as much trouble as you is currently on a trip with her dad to Tokyo. 

Nagatoro smiled. 

Nagatoro: You're right senpai! That little twerp is gone and we need to make the most of it!

Me: But aren't you two the same size-

A punch came towards my arm, but I grabbed it. 

Nagatoro groaned in annoyance. 

Nagatoro: Senpai! Let me hit you!

Me: No. I told you to stop hitting me, remember when you 'accidently' gave me a black eye?

Nagatoro: But you were asking for it, flirting with those girls from the swim team!

Me: I was asking about what you provide for the team. 

Nagatoro: Like that'd be the case!

Sighing, I patted her head. 

Me: It's good we cleared the air before coming in. I don't want to be embarrassed by you. 

I smiled as she pouted while I was patting her. 

Me: Now, let's ensure your friends at least get above the minimum grade to pass. 

Opening the door, I remembered memories from almost 2 years ago. At that time, I just started my deception, trying to increase Horikita's status in class using Sudo's terrible academic grades for my own benefit. I built up Horikita in order to became the light to my shadow. Another person I could pin my plans on. But I guess the problem with humans is that they have emotions. She felt it was beneath her to see me trying to use her for my own gains and I needed her to think I was a friend.