Prologue

There she was holding my father by his throat. My throat burned from crying. I held onto my mother. My mother being the only human amongst the people around me at the time. I watched as my father's blood ran down the fingers of the woman who held his throat. I remember screaming for her to let go. I remember her words very clearly. "I will kill you all if its the last thing I do."
   I watched as my father's eyes rolled back in his skull. The woman who held him had glowing red eyes. That was pretty much the only other detail I could remember.
  "Run," I heard both my mother tell me. I dont remember how I got away. I remember running until my legs gave out. I hit my head and everything went completely black. Then when I woke a rather interesting boy was by my side. I had no idea where I was nor any idea who this kid was beside me. He seemed rather interesting. He was dressed in green and black from head to toe. He couldnt have been much older than myself, though he did have what seemed like the start of a mustche which was odd for being so young. He was knelt down beside me and had a rather sharp stick in his hand. I felt the sharp jab of the stick on my scales. I rolled over as I cried out a little. My scales usually werent so sensitive. They were usually much tougher.
  "What are you?" The green mustche boy asked creeping closer, I could tell by the crunching of the fall leaves around me. I hissed a reply, my sore eyes tearing up once more. "Im not afraid of you, lizard boy." More crunching of leaves as he crept even closer. "What happened to you?"
  There was another sharp poke at my side as the kid poked me once more. "Stop!" I cried. Then my voice quieted and I added, "Please."
  "Are you going to let me help you?" I watched as the kid threw the stick far into the forestry around us as to seem less threatening. I rolled and looked back at him. His eyes were a strange crystaly red color. I quickly looked away as an image of the blood running down the woman's fingers ran across my vision. "Well? Lizard boy? Are you?"
  "A-Am I w-what?" I stammered afraid he would poke me again despite having thrown the stick far from both of our reach. Though we were in a forest and sticks, branches, and leaves were everywhere. I chanced a glance back at the kid and i saw his hand right next to my arm. I went to reach for his hand but cried out as pain shot up my arm. I pulled my arm back and craddled it close to my chest.
  "Your arm is broken." The kid said oddly calm. "Will you stop pulling away and let me help you? You're bleeding lizard boy."
  "Im not a lizard." I hissed out of instinct once again.
  "Then what are you?" The boy gave up asking after having asked so many times and just used my other arm to pull me up off the ground.
  "Im part serpent." I whined out uncontrollably as I lifted my scaled leg in pain.
  "Interesting," The boy said as he managed to pick me up bridal style and carry me on my nonscaled side seeing that thats the side that hurt. "Ive never met a serpent with feet and hands before." That comment caught me off guard a bit. "But whatever. I'll bring you to the tree house my brother and I have. I should be able to get the things to help you from my father's office but you need to stay off your scales and dont move your arm. Something of which I had no problem with.
  "Why are you helping me?" I asked out of pure curiousity.
  "Curiousity," The kid didnt look down at me as he walked, he mustve had no fear of falling on even the slightest twig. Soon the kid started to run. I stopped looking and squeezed my eyes shut. "The name is Remus Duke Prince."
  "Janus, please dont tell anyone." Ive been ashamed of the name thinking it sounds too femanine but it was my mother's name and she was everything to me.

(737 words and my next chapters will probablhy be a lot smaller word count)