{48} The Sassy King

Start from the beginning

"She asked me! Who said you could answer for me?" Jackson folded his arms, ignore the glare she was giving as he rolled his eyes. "I'm not a kid, you know I can answer for myself!"

"You may not be a kid but you act like one despite being older than me." Tzuyu shot back, calling him immature and he let out a 'hmph' as he looked away. Tzuyu gave me a nervous smile.

"Don't worry about him. Anyways, you want to have breakfast with us?"

Oh, my gawd- a goddess asking me to eat breakfast with her?? What did I do in life to deserve a date with someone so beautiful- I'm literally crying. My eyes starting shining as I quickly nod before she said anything else.

"Great! Let's go then!"

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

9:01am

"Y/N, do you know that people call me the sassy king?" Jackson asked me, putting both of his hands on his chest as I slurp down the noodles.

"Oh?" I asked, covering my mouth as I chew the noodles.

I was back in the public cafeteria, having breakfast with Jackson and Tzuyu. Tzuyu was eating the strawberry pancake elegantly and watching her eat is like watching something that belongs in an art museum. Beautiful yet exquisite.

"Yessir, like everyone always bows down to me whenever they see me. They always be screeching 'Oh my god! That's the sassy king right there! Can't you seeeee you blind little twit!?' Honestly, I think I'm quite popular." His tone change from high pitch to his own as though he was mimicking his fangirls.

I clear my throat to force a laugh and he beamed proudly.

"Oh, by the way, you said you're from China right?" I asked, picking a crab from the soup with my chopsticks to put it in my mouth. "Which part?"

"Oh, I was originally born in Hong Kong- just like Lucas," Jackson said with a smile. He pointed at Tzuyu. "She's also a foreigner, she's Taiwanese."

My eyes widen as I look back at her, who nodded slowly. I started fangirling even more as she smiled.

"There are so many foreigners here. Especially Chinese people...." I noticed as I thought about Jue Chen. "Not gonna lie, Rebecca looks more Korean. She doesn't look Chinese to me."

"Yeah, I don't blame you for thinking that way," Jackson said, hungrily eating his ham sandwich. "She's the odd one out in my family, but that's what makes her special in general."

Right...

"Why did you decide to leave Hong Kong to come here?" I asked curiously. "Like, if it was me, I wouldn't because I've been there before and I honestly love the food and everything about it. Chinese culture amazes me even though I'm Korean."

"Well, I never told anyone this because it sounds very stupid." Jackson started. "My family was about to stay in Hong Kong but the reason we come here is that I decided to give up on fencing so I could play and win rock, paper, scissors in Korea." He said triumphantly and I blinked at him.

Ayo- what-

"Did you win?" I asked, surprised that he would sacrifice something so stupid.

"Of course!" He bragged. "I mean, legitimately I'm like the best at rock, paper, scissors so yes."

I sighed in relief as I continue slurping the noodles. I didn't know that Jackson would be proud of sacrificing something like this but he's just a different breed. I didn't know what else to talk about so I just started a new topic.

"Do you have any pets?" I questioned and he shook his head.

"He can't even raise himself," Tzuyu answered, grabbing a tissue to wipe her mouth with delicacy and I controlled myself from screaming at her beauty.

Jackson pointed an accusing finger at her. "Exactly, but I also don't have the money for it." He returns his gaze to me. "And the reason is that, sometimes whenever we go out and eat, Tzuyu or Rebecca doesn't take their damn money with them so now I'm bankrupt." Jackson exposed and Tzuyu scoffed.

"Technically, you're older than us and you're the one who's meant to pay."

"Are you stereotyping!?" Jackson demanded and I laughed.

"You two seem pretty close despite not even being related," I mumbled and Jackson nodded but Tzuyu secretly shook her head, giving me a denying look.

"That's because our parents are close friends!" Jackson chirped and I nodded in awe.

"By the way, Y/N, do you know that Jackson left his shirt on the freezer once?" Tzuyu asked me, deciding to expose Jackson and I nearly snorted noodles out my nose. Jackson frowned at her started slapping her to stop but since he also exposed her, she wanted to take revenge.

"For real?" I gasped and she nodded, smirking at Jackson who was whining.

"Okay, look I have a reason." He said, raising his hand as though he was beginning to explain. "It was to get rid of the odour after a night of Korean barbecue."

"Does it even work?" I questioned curiously.

"I'm not too sure... it was a long time ago." He answered hesitantly.

"Why did you do that? I mean, who told you to do that?" I asked, narrowing my eyebrows into a frown.

"The internet..." He said slowly, scratching his hair innocently like a kid.

Both me and Tzuyu facepalmed and he giggled nervously.

"Not everything works from the internet." I sigh as I was anxious for this kid. He has lots to learn and this is sad...

The phone in my pocket suddenly rang, and I place my chopsticks down to take my phone. I bit my lip when it was Jungkook, and realize this was the second time he interrupted when I was eating with my friends.

I was planning to ignore it but if I did, I'll get shouted later and there will be consequences. Looking up at Jackson and Tzuyu, I apologised with a small bow. They shook their head wordlessly and gesture me to leave if I needed to. Thanking them, I quickly grab my tray and stood up from my spot, preparing to answer the phone right after I put the tray away.

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

Thank you for reading!

~Xin