Arrival

Thomas' POV (point of view)

The grind of metal on metal rings in my ears. I fall back into a corner holding my knees close to my chest and I catch my breath.
The sounds echoed off the walls like small whines.

My stomach felt sore with the feeling of nausea. Flickering in and out of reality as time past by at lightning speed.

I've been moving for roughly half an hour. I stood feeling this box come to a slow stop.

The room fell silent as I stand here for a few more minutes. Suddenly a loud clank comes from above. Light shone in blinding me as I cover my eyes to ease the pain.

Boys all around spoke a once. I barely made out a word.

Suddenly a man jumps down to me getting in my face as he says "day one greenie. Rise and shine."

I'm pulled out of the box and thrown to the floor.

Your POV

Gally throws this boy to the ground while everyone crowds around him like hes an exhibit in a museum.

"Looks like a Slopper."

"He looks like hes gonna klunk himself."

"How old you think he is?"

Everyone spoke all at once causing our greenie to panic. He gets up and starts running as fast as he can.

"We got a runner!!" The boys cheered and shouted. That was until the boy tripped and face planted into the dirt.

The boys responded to the scene with laughs and groans. Our greenie stands and finally catches a look at the walls.

You never forget their first look at the maze. I've seen everyone's first look and I haven't forgotten a single one. It's like a sunset over a lake, Its mesmerizing. They look like they have just seen the world for the first time which I guess was kinda true.

Alby began talking to our greenie while the rest of us got back to our jobs and others set up the bonfire.

Alby took him around to meet everyone. Newt seemed to get a good laugh out of his fall earlier embarrassing our poor Greenie.

Alby took greenie around on the grand tour of the glade. He became acquainted with Chuck quite fast probably because they are both our newest arrivals.

As I was working I witnessed greenie and Chuck walking towards the maze. I opened the door and watched as greenie was tossed through the air landing onto the ground hard causing dirt to fly up. Gally stood over the boy obviously lecturing him, but I couldnt make anything out from here.

I sighed shaking my head as I go back inside closing the door.

Time passed by quickly and it was time for the bonfire. I finished cleaning up my work and head out to meet everyone at the fire pit.