Land of Labor

------- 4 months later -------

The glade is growing at a steady pace. We have animal pens set up and full with attendees to care for them.

We had a sting or two since we hit a year. W.I.C.K.D sent up serums on the one year mark with another greenie. Only problem is we didnt realize what they were, and had lost 2 gladers before figuring it out. If we don't give it to the stung fast enough it is rendered useless.

One of our first successes with the serum was Gally. He's definitely become way more cocky knowing that fact. Especially with having more information on this place than Alby and I combined.

------- 5 months later -------

Alby wanted me to be official second in command, but I turned him down. I have my hands full as is as keeper of the medjacks.

Newt was appointed second in command as Alby's second choice, and hes thrived in the position. He made being a trackhoe and second in command look easy, but you can still tell it's hard on him.

Minho has recruited new runners as well. You would've never thought some of these guys could run, but holy shuck they could.

As for me, I've been working mostly on twisted ankles of runners, and men with small fevers acting like death is knocking on their door.

Let's just say they can be a little dramatic at times.

------ 3 months later -------

25 months of the glade.

Its official now, I've been here for 2 years. Feels like eternity though.

We still have no progress in the direction of an exit, but we haven't stopped trying once.

Alby had to run the maze some days when other runners are out from injury.

Which left me in charge of their care. When it comes to runners injuries, they are either sent to a long term medjack or me. Our medjacks who are training or less experienced,  watch.

After losing 3 runners in the last week, we haven't been able to get new recruits. Either they aren't fast enough or they dont have the lung capacity to do it all day.

We have future runners with the lung capacity training to raise their running indurence, and vice versa.

Having all these people here has made sleeping arrangements rather difficult to say the least. Most of us sleep in hammocks or sleeping bags outside. Other nights we rotate who is sleeping in the homestead and who sleeps outside.

------- 5 months later -------

30 months

The past 5 months flew by so fast. Most of the days were just a repeat of the last.

I've been writing in a note book the 'creators' sent up. I tried to put in all the ways we've been treating injuries. Its really helped with training new medjacks the procedure.

Our farms are booming beautifully. In fact our corn is almost ready for harvest.