"It's alright", Jungwon smiled, "If this is the way to make my hyung happy, and that is to get you back for him"

"Is it really okay for you? Are you done grieving over your mom?", she asked immediately.

Knowing Jungwon needed time to answer, but he quickly stammered out, "At first, it was hard to accept that but Jay hyung had been there for me all the time until now"

As I take a step down to the remaining steps to see them more, I saw them in the reflection of the glass railings.

For the first time, Jungwon looked genuinely broken and I watched her stare at him in understanding, then I waited for how she will response.

Not so long after, Jungwon's cheeks were tear-stained and I almost run up to him if not for Y/N surprising me when she opens her arms for him. And perhaps because she was a woman, it was easier for the younger boy who ran into her comfort without a doubt.

Jungwon sobbed for a while and it takes everything me not to get between them until he could get the words out.

"Life isn't fair", he repeatedly stammered into Y/N's shoulder.

"I know it isn't fair at all but at least you have Jay with you", she gently stroked his head, despite being quite shorter than him.

"What are you going to do now that I told you some truths about him?", Jungwon asked, visibly trying to still get her approval of me.

"What do you think I should do?", she asked him in return.

Jungwon's eyes lit up and I knew based from experience that no one could resist it's spark, "Make him happy by being his!"

There was a silence for a few moments as he pulled away from her and Jungwon blew his nose after wiping his tears and regained his fine facade.

And then she was nodding to him with a smile, "Well, he should say it to my face instead of avoiding me"

But here's the thing, I think it actually worked for my favor because when I get there and was pretending that I didn't hear their whole conversation, she did something unexpected.

She was looking at me in a way that told me she was thinking better of me now.

That's all a thanks to Yang Jungwon.

I didn't know what happened after,  but the three of us were suddenly at the living room and we were fooling around until Jungwon decided that although it wasn't nearly dark yet, it was time for us to play games.

Only it was not the kind where will you laugh. It's the kind where he can subtly ask Y/N about her life that he wants me to know.

It started just like this..

"Don't tell me he is becoming your favorite", I commented when she takes Jungwon's side in the video game.

"Because I'm that irresistible", Jungwon smiled and was drinking a juice. To make it more funnier, he was sitting between the two of us in the couch.

"And here I thought you were helping me", I remarked after sharing a smile with Y/N.

"I'm sorry, Jay. Jungwon is more cuter than you especially his eyes, but you know who's cuter?", she responded, tossing me a bag of chips.

"Let me guess, that two blonde kids you were always with at McDonald's?", I cracked up then as she nodded repeatedly.

And then as if out of nowhere, Jungwon shouted, "We should play Best Day or Worst Day!"