Why Is He Being So Kind To Me?

POV (Tommy)

I guess living here won't be THAT shit. All of us played Minecraft on Wilbur's PS4, and it was a blast. Occasionally I'd be bumped by Wilbur and I couldn't help but smile. Dammit, I was growing a soft spot for this stranger.

Wilbur looked at me while he turned off the PS4,"Tommy? Are you good?"

"Mhm. Yep. Just deep in thought."

"Let's go to Wilbur's plush collection now!" Techno proposed.

Phil and Wilbur both nodded in unison as they made their way to a creepy looking door. I was slightly behind them, so Wilbur decided to grab me by the wrist.

SLAP!

"I'm so sorry..." Wilbur apologized.

What did I do? Why? He was so nice to me. He was just trying to show me his plush collection. I'm horrible.

I ran to the room with my stuff in it and slammed the door shut. This was the most embarrassing moment of my life. Well, my whole life is an embarrassment.

"Tommy? I'm sorry. It's fine if you need some time." I hear on the opposite side of the door.

POV (Wilbur Soot)

Goddammit, I've fucked everything up. I should have asked for consent before doing that. Now he hates me. Then I hear Tommy's door knob turn.

Tommy pokes his head out with teary eyes, "Hey, I'm sorry for slapping your arm, Wilbur."

Techno and Phil come over to check on us, "Is everything alright Will? Do you need us?" Phil asks.

"Nope, I'm good. I gotta talk to Tommy in private though. We'll come back and join you in a bit."

I smile faintly at Tommy as he lets me into his room. "Do you want to talk about it yet? If you're not ready that's okay-"

"Jared."

"Huh?"

Tommy clears his throat, "He was an absolute dick to my mom, Sally. He would be rude to both of us, but still be so touchy touchy with us. He'd basically try to force us into hugs and grab us really hard. I hated it a lot, so I hate when people grab or touch me without my consent."

"Tommy..." I said softly. I was honestly speechless.

"I'm all good though. It's not like trauma bad or anything like that. You just caught me off guard." Tommy flicked his wrist, brushing off his prior statement.

"Can I hug you now?"

Tommy leaped onto me, "Yep."

His face was against my chest as I hugged him softly. Tommy's scent was so pleasant, he smelled like sunshine. I wish this hug could last forever, but Tommy pulled away.

"We should go join the others now."

POV (Tommy)

Why is he being so kind to me? I hurt him, yet he still tries to comfort me. Dumbass.

"Aye! Tommy and Wilbur are back! We got the stuffed animals right here." Techno points at a few large trash bags.

I pounce onto the first bag and shuffle through it. Maybe this is why Wilbur said I reminded him of a raccoon. At the bottom of the bag I find the cutest puppy stuffed animal I've ever seen.

"Wow."

"You can keep that one too if you'd like Tommy." Wilbur chuckled.

"He's trying to get rid of them because he knows that girls find that lame," Techno elbows Phil but he gives him a stern look.

Wilbur laughs awkwardly, "Yeah, I guess you could say that."

I excuse myself and go put my new stuffed animal on my nightstand.

Perfect.

POV (Wilbur Soot)

Now that Tommy lives here I suppose I have to go shopping with him. He might want to decorate his room, get trendy new clothes, stuff like that. I knocked a few times.

"Tommy, do you want to go shopping today?"

He's outside his room in a second. Tommy somehow is completely ready to go shopping.

"Yep! I am already ready! Are Techno and Phil coming too?"

Phil is packing his things, "Sorry mate, I gotta go home to the wife."

Techno is packing his things as well, "I have to go to. No particular reason, I just feel like without Phil it'd be awkward for me to stay."

Fair enough.

"Bye Techno and Phil! See you later at work!" I shout as they walk to their cars.

Tommy and I get back to the house, my phone dings instantly. A text message from Techno.

"I want to stay, but it's better to let you embarrass yourself in front of the kid alone."

That prick.