Chapter 5

For the night owls 😉

Dr.  Kabiru Tambari a native of Angwan Toni homestead in Keffi Local government was born into the household of Malam Abdurrahman Audu who is a philanthropist hence his nickname Tambarin arewa.

    Tambarin arewa was married to Rabiatu for 2 years 5 months without as much as missing her monthly cause. He decided to take a second wife Indo who gave birth to Salisu 9 months after their marriage and Sailuba eleven months after him.

    Sailuba was still in her crawling age when Rabiatu and Indo got pregnant and gave birth to Kabiru and Ibrahim respectively.  With the latter being older than the earlier with 3 days.

     Ibrahim's birth was followed by Adamu and Shamsu before Rabiatu gave birth again to Mustapha.

    The age gap between Kabiru and Mustapha (Rabiatu's children)  being 13 years.

    Tambarin arewa slept on a faithful night and didn't wake up the next morning leaving behind a daughter, six sons, and two wives - Indo pregnant.

  The news of his death destabilized the whole family and even more when Rabiatu followed him 5 days after, leaving her last son Mustapha in his toddler age.

     The stress of the period sent Indo into an early labour and she gave birth to her 7 months pregnancy and named him after his father, who is then nicknamed Audi. A boy who's born after the demise of his father.

    Before the death of Tambari he enrolled his first son into an Islamic college in a homestead far away from theirs.
Salisu did not only learn religious knowledge but trade also.

   After he memorised the Holy Quran and some Islamic books, he started following trailers to dispense goods. He just started his melon seed business when he met with a road accident and died.

    He wasn't married but he enrolled his siblings into Islamic and western schools.

   The only brother who picked interest in western education was Kabiru. He topped his college and was  awarded a full scholarship abroad to further his education.

     Dr.  Kabiru Tambari is one of Nigeria's top business tycoons. His main business is producing and selling raw materials while there are other chains of the business being regulated by his wife and children.

💙

Amnah goes through her chats with Khalifa reliving their moments. They could be chatting on whatsapp, instagram and twitter at the same time talking about different things. And what baffles her is that with him they never run out of what to say. Their conversation goes on and on until one is busy and they will continue later on. To which they will apologise for replying late.

  She has cancelled her lunch date with the girls and miss out many social events in school because of him. There was a day she missed a continue assessment test because she was on the phone with him and she couldn't bring herself to tell him they will have to talk later.
With him everything goes smoothly and she's wondering why people complain bitterly about relationships because hers is nothing like that. Some times she likes to count herself among the lucky ones.

  "Won't you guys bore each other", Zuzu has asked countless times but with the way they are always on the phone with each other she doubts if they will. It has been three weeks now and if they will bore each other they will have done that already.

  Although there is no much visitations now because he's processing his documents for a Masters program in Turkey and she even prefers it that way because she seems to be too shy to keep a conversation with him when all his eyes are on her.