Chapter Sixteen: The Curse of Princess Ivy. Part Two

Start from the beginning

"What are we supposed to do? Just wait here while Ivy goes back and takes over our castle?" Sofia sat down, "I never should have trusted you, (Y/N)."

Well, now I feel bad, "Sofia?"

"What?"

"You're right. I've been a terrible sister. And now everything's messed up and I tried to fix it, but I couldn't. I'm sorry."

"You know, that's the first time you've apologized for any of this."

"I'm sorry for that too," I said sitting with her.

"But what are we going to do, (Y/N)? And what about Mom, and Dad, and James? What's going to happen to them?"

Forget everything, most likely. That's when Sofia's amulet started glowing. Is the curse broken? It wasn't but Rapunzel was here now! She let down her hair and we climbed up. When I arrived up, I found my wand discarded on the floor. I picked it up and put it in my holster. Rapunzel tied her hair up and out of the way. She asked us how we got down there and we explained what happened and asked if she would help us defeat Ivy. She could handle evil women pretending to be her mother but she wasn't sure about an evil princess.

The other dragons finally arrived with Burny. We didn't need their help out of the ditch but we could use them as a way back to the castle. They let us ride on their backs. Cedric had found his wand too. We took off and were now on our way to the castle. I remember Sofia saying a Princess will come to your aid if you need help. But, Rapunzel's work is done so I don't see why she's still here. Maybe I still need it. Or maybe some advice as to how to undo this curse. I flew closer to ask her. 

"Rapunzel, I need to tell you something," I said, "I'm the reason Princess Ivy is here. It's a curse for taking Sofia's amulet."

"Oh, so you stole it?" Rapunzel asked

"Yes, I did. And I thought giving it back would undo the curse, but it didn't work."

"Well, I knew a thief once. And he had a lot of bad deeds to make up for." 

"He did?"

'Once I met a man. A thief, a cad, with a selfish plan that made me mad. Love set his heart aglow. So sweet, so strange. But first, he had to show that he could change. When I was in a spot, my back against the wall, he gave it all he got and dared to risk it all. Things were getting rough, but he answered the call. He had to stay tough and dare to risk it all. He was brave enough to finally dare to risk it all.'

'Putting yourself first led you astray so now it seems you're cursed to your dismay. To make up for your deeds and prove you've grown try putting other's needs before your own. Your family's in a spot, their backs against the wall. So give it all you got and dare to risk it all. If things start getting rough, just answer the call. You have to stay tough and dare to risk it all. I know you're brave enough to finally dare to risk it all. To save the ones you love you have to rise above. The curse is sure to fall, but only if you dare, dare to risk it all.'

"I understand what I need to do. But I still don't know how to do it."

"If you truly love your sister, you'll know what to do when the time comes."

She then disappeared when we passed some could. I guess she's gone back to where she belongs. But why can't we do that with Ivy? But Cedric was confident that he could do it. I'll let him dream, I guess. The dragons went faster so we could get there before Ivy did something worse. By the time we arrived, the castle was completely black, white, or grey. We landed and ran inside to find Ivy and put her back where she belongs.

Sofia talked to her animals, not that we could understand them, and then went inside. We arrived to see that she used her dragonflies on Mum, Roland, James, and Baileywick. Ivy still wanted Sofia's amulet so she didn't have to go back but Sofia didn't want to. Cedric stood up to Ivy and almost stopped the dragonfly from hitting him again but he was too late. He's forgotten everything. Ivy then turned to me offering a proposal.

If I handed over Sofia's amulet, I could stay with her in the castle. If I don't Sofia would be zapped by a dragonfly. Tempting but no. I'm here to do one thing and that's to put Ivy back where she came from. Ivy tried to use the dragonfly on Sofia but I used a protection spell to stop it from hitting us. Ivy tried again but her dragonfly turned into smoke. And again. Smoke.

Not long after, her dragonflies surrounded her and she disappeared in a puff of smoke. I did it. I broke the curse! Everything became colorful again but everyone's memory wasn't restored. Only Sofia and I will remember today. Sofia explained that I saved everyone but didn't say from what. But it was time for Roland and Mum's anniversary ball so I used my magic to make my ballgown appear. And I let Cedric join because I'm still never dancing with anyone else. Besides, we're the perfect dance partners.