Chapter Fourteen: Greylock the Grand

Cedric's POV:

It's the Royal Jubilee today. It's a celebration of the Kingdom's birthday. This will be (Y/N)'s first time experiencing today as a Princess. Although I think she wanted it to be as my apprentice as she isn't in her Princess gown. I rarely see her as a princess because she's always with me in the outfit I gave her. She looks beautiful either way. I'm slightly nervous about today. Not because of any magic shows or anything. I heard my old classmate, Greylock, is coming with King Magnus and I do not want him around (Y/N).

Something he had the habit of doing is flirt and charm the girls at Hexley Hall. And because he was one of the top students and one of the best sorcerers at school, they all fell for his charms. Sometimes fell for him. I do hope he's ended that. I don't want him flirting or charming (Y/N). I do love (Y/N) dearly but I don't think she loves me or is even interested in me. And I'm far too nervous to confess. But that won't mean I'll let people like Greylock flirt with her. Speaking of Greylock, he just came over to annoy me.

"Well, well. If it isn't Bedsick," Greylock said offering his hand.

"You know my name, Greylock," I said taking his hand.

But I was shocked when I did. And I don't mean surprised. Like I was being struck by lightning. I let go as Greylock laughed. Oh, this is one of his silly tricks.

"Sorry, Cardtrick. I just had to try out my new palm zapper!" Greylock said showing it to me, "I haven't seen you since the big school reunion. I see your hair grew back okay."

I am never forgiving him for that. He 'accidentally' poured a hair-loss potion on me and I lost all my hair. It did grow back but it was a long and embarrassing wait. He then made a hand appear and flicked my nose. I waved it away annoyed.

"I see you still act more like a jester than a sorcerer. Same old Greylock," I said.

"Same old Kendrick!" Greylock said smiling.

"Cedric!"

Then the moment I dreaded arrived. Greylock noticed (Y/N). I tried to hide her behind me but it was too late.

"Well, aren't you a pretty sight. My name is Greylock the Grand. Who are you?" Greylock asked (Y/N) smiling. 

"Please don't start," I said knowing the routine. 

"I was just saying hello."

"I don't mind," (Y/N) said smiling, "I'm Princess (Y/N) but my sorceress name is-"

"Nothing that Greylock should be concerned about. (Y/N) is my apprentice," I said 

"Well, (Y/N), you are very beautiful. Perhaps you should sit with me at the Welcome Luncheon," Greylock said smiling and handing her a rose!

"That's very kind of you but I'll be sitting with Cedric. But I will be opposite you so I think it will be fine," (Y/N) said smiling and taking the rose.

No, no, no, no, no, no! Why does Greylock always have to do this? And it's always with girls I like. I'll have a crush on a girl, Greylock will somehow know and take her with his stupid charms and flirtatious ways. It's annoying. And he's the reason I'm still single. Once they were finally done talking, things got disastrous. For example, Baileywick somehow managed to trip over his own feet and knock over Roland.

But the steward of Rudistan saved him. He calls himself Slickwell. I'm not too worried about him. What's wrong with Baileywick? He's never been clumsy or tripped over his own feet so that was a surprise. But then we went inside and made sure Greylock stayed away from (Y/N). My jealousy is getting the better of me and I know this but I'm not letting Greylock flirt or charm her. But something that was said about Greylock got (Y/N)'s attention which I didn't appreciate.