Chapter 9: Being on best behavior

Start from the beginning

"Agr kabhi koi bhi help chahiye ho ya koi bhi problem ho to Ap Azlaan ko contact kr lena, he'll be there."

If I tried to help her I will surely need some help for myself.

"Sure Aunty I will" I heard her say.

"Shanzay goes and checks if Sadia has set all the things at the dining table," Ammi told me.

I watched her go out of the drawing-room.

My trail of thoughts broke when Fatima Aunty called me up.

"What took you so long Azlaan beta?"

"Yes, Azlaan beta care to explain that to your Aunty" Ammi Said while glaring at me.

"I had a group Project Aunty so I was at a friend's house and lost track of time."

"Oh right, so what are your plans after MBA"

"Um Aunty along with my MBA I have been also working in Abbu's firm but I am planning to start my own business because I think getting something on a plate without any hard work is not a wise choice and it has no fun in it compared to what you achieve by struggle and hard work and I know it will be hard and I might fail but I know that if I didn't try then I wouldn't know about the struggles Abbu went through while establishing his own business or as a matter of fact any man went through ."

"That is great MashAllah, may Allah fulfill all your dreams and grants you success in every phase of life, I really liked your thoughts not many young people these days think like this, they just usually opt for the easy way instead of choosing the path of struggle and hard work."

"So true Fatima, young generation these days can't match the struggle we went through when we were of their age."

Ammi Abbu and Aunty were now busy with their gossips and Saadi and Moosa were discussing something about a video game and Noor was now paying attention to what Saadi and Moosa were talking about.

That is until a woman came to call us for dinner.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shanzay's POV

I and Sadia Aunty set all the food on the table when everyone settled down there.

"Fatima why did you make all this stuff, just one dish would have been enough, you know we don't have any formality between us." Aunty Rehana said.

"Oh Shush Rehana it's nothing much, it was all I could prepare in a short time and you were coming after such a long time so I just prepared the dishes I know you guys liked," Ammi replied.

"Oh, Fatima! That is so sweet, feels just like old times, if only Ibaad Bhai was here, we really miss his presence among us." Rehana Aunty said with a frown.

"True Rehana I miss Ibaad so much, he was my best friend we would talk till late at night, we would share each and everything, without him it feels like a void has been created in our lives." Uncle Murtaza added.

Listening to them talking about Abbu made me teary-eyed. Suddenly it felt harder to breathe, I couldn't gulp down the food, and it felt like choking I just wanted to run away from there.

I excused myself from the table and ran towards my room.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Azlaan's POV

The dinner was great. Fatima Aunty is such a great cook. Everything looked so appetizing.