Why Do I Have To Live With YOU?

[Cw//Panic Attack]

POV (Wilbur Soot)

I'm absolutely terrified. Tommy just showed up at my front door. I don't know how to take care of a flipping child. Goddammit, how did I get myself into this god awful situation.

"Why is mom doing this? Why do I have to live with YOU?" Tommy sobbed.

I led him into my flat and I sat down on my couch, he refused to sit with me.

"I'm not fucking staying here AND living with you, arsehole. You're not even my dad!"

I sighed, this must be so tough for him. Those words still hurt like a dagger though. "I'm sorry, but she needed someone to take care of you and I agreed. Also I actually am your biological dad."

Tommy just stared at me, he was speechless. I suppose his mother never told him that.

"I know this is a lot to take in, but this is our new life now. I won't expect you to immediately be okay with these changes, since it'll take some time to get used to."

POV (Tommy)

What the hell was this guy on about? Why is this happening in the first place? Earlier this morning I was so normal. How did it all go to shit?

"Mhm, fine."

Tears will still wet in my eyes. This is too much. I can't handle this. Suddenly I start having trouble breathing. I keep gasping for air, trying to my hardest to breath. My mind feels like it's going a hundred miles per hour. My heart aches in pain. Why? Just why?

Wilbur sees me panicking and runs over to my side. I sit on the floor, hugging my legs close to my body.

Wilbur wraps his arm around me and tries to suppress the panic in his eyes as well, "I'm here. I know it doesn't mean much to you, but I am."

He begins rubbing my hand gently with his hand, holding me close so I can feel safe. Wilbur rests his head on my shoulder and hums songs to me as I become drowsy. Everything that happened after was sort of a blur. All I know is that I somehow went to bed and fell asleep.

It's a new day, already. My first night here was absolutely shit. I just got here and I've already gotten so vulnerable with this stranger. Embarrassing. Before I can even completely process what happened I hear Wilbur talking on the phone.

"Yes. I'm aware. He'll be fine. No, you're not. Phil-"

Phil? Who is this guy? Why is Wilbur talking to him? Then I hear a knock at the door, I immediately scramble back to the bed.

"Tommy? You up?"

What should I say? Should I pretend to be asleep? Or maybe-

"I made waffles."

Fuck yes.

POV (Wilbur Soot)

I know damn well that the kid is awake. I heard him jump back into bed. Whatever, I suppose I'll just go and eat all the waffles.

"WAIT!" Tommy shouts from inside his room.

Ah, got him.

"Go brush your teeth and then get down here for some waffles."

He ran out his room, clunching his toothbrush and toothpaste with all his might. Which wasn't tight at all.

A few minutes passed and he joins me at the counter and sits on a bar stool with the waffles at hand. He awkwardly sits across the table from me, which I don't really mind. It was silent until I hear a bunch of knocks at the door. Dammit-

"Heyy Phil. Nice to see you on this fine morning."

Tommy's eyes immediately pinned themselves to Phil, who was standing at the door.

"May I come in Will?" Phil asks while also staring back at Tommy. I nod in response as he walks in.

Phil smiles sweetly at Tommy, "Hey mate, nice to meet you. I'm Phil, Wilbur's friend."

"Hello Phil, I'm Tommy, but you probably already know that. I overheard Wilbur talking to you."

What? He heard? I knew he was awake but he was really eavesdropping?

I smile awkwardly, "Oh? You did? How much did you here exactly?"

"Not much. Just you."

Good. Dodged a bullet right there.