⚜️⚜️⚜️

Derek let Satan find his way home, and through the gates, heading for the stable, where the groom rushed out to take the reins. "M'lord, we were most worried about you," he said, as Derek dismounted, and helped the young woman down. "Is everything alright?"

"Yes, John, thank you for your concern," Derek smiled. "Satan needs a thorough rubdown and some bran mash."

"Very good, m'lord."

The groom led the horse away, as Derek turned back to the girl. His curiosity about her needed to be satisfied. "And who are you, my dear? And why were you out in the rain by yourself?"

She looked up at him, and her breath caught. His stormy indigo eyes surveyed her beneath strongly masculine brows, and his wet black hair was unruly, curling to the collar of his shirt and across his forehead. The drenched white shirt clung to his muscled chest, and the soaked riding breeches outlined taut thighs. He was tall and lean, a well-built man in his prime, splendid in his masculine certainty.

"Can you speak?" he asked gently, searching her face for answers. "Let me introduce myself first, then. I'm Lord Derek Shepherd, at your service, ma'am."

She dropped a curtsy, her head bowed, her fingers clinging to her wet skirts and petticoats. "Yes, m'lord." She knew exactly who he was, having seen his portrait in the great room.

He took her hand to raise her up again, his gaze lingering on the soft skin exposed by the cloak that had slipped from her shoulders. She flushed and backed away a little. "My name is Meredith Grey, sir. I am the governess here for your sister's twin boys."

Derek kept her hand in his. "That doesn't explain why you were out wandering alone." Her eyes caught his, and he had a sudden urge to kiss her upturned lips, warming her in his embrace, until she was weak in the knees.

"I went for a walk, and got lost. I haven't worked here that long to know my way around properly, and the storm came up before I could find my way back. Thank you for rescuing me, m'lord." She tugged her hand away, her heart racing from his touch. "Now if you'll excuse me, sir, I should get back to my room."

Before he could say anything else, Meredith whirled and ran out of the stables. Derek watched her leave, her hips swaying gently as she hurried away. She was very lovely young woman, the first to capture his interest since Addison betrayed him. He frowned again, remembering her unfaithful ways. Perhaps this tempting beauty could help him forget and ease his pain. Smiling at the thought, he headed towards the manor as well, eager for dry clothes and a strong drink. And to ask his sister for more information on the mysterious Miss Grey.

⚜️⚜️⚜️

Derek poked the fire absently, as he waited for his sister to join him before dinner. His thoughts were still on Meredith, wondering if she was alright after her adventure. "Ah, there you are, Derek," Kate smiled as she swept into the great room. "I hear you met Miss Grey, rather unexpectedly, this afternoon." She held her hands out to him, and he gave her a warm hug. "I'm glad you found her. She has been the best thing for the twins in the short time she's been here."

"She seems very lovely," Derek agreed.

"And I'm glad you're here again. I do hope you are staying longer this visit?" Kate asked, arching her eyebrows. "And I'm sorry about Addison."

"I'm not," Derek said dryly, feeling less angry about the situation than he had in weeks. "She was a royal bitch. Sloan is more than welcome to have her, if he so desires."

Kate poured them each a glass of wine, and they settled into the chairs flanking the fireplace. "But Marcus was your friend, since you were children, Derek. How could he do that?"

Derek shrugged, seemingly absorbed in watching the flames dancing in the grate. "He likes his pleasures, and so does Addison. I guess they deserve each other. Now, can we not discuss it any further?"

"Of course." They fell silent for a moment, each wrapped up in their own thoughts.

"Meredith, er, Miss Grey, I gather she hasn't been here that long," Derek commented, sipping his wine slowly.

"No, Mother recommended her. She met Miss Grey in London, in one of the shops. You know how Mother is, always chatting, and discovered that Miss Grey was in need of a position, and knew that I needed someone to replace Mrs. Covington. That was a month ago, but the boys love her, and she has done wonders with their schooling." Kate looked over at Derek. "She's not your type, Derek, you best keep away from her."

"My type?" he asked, raising an eyebrow. "Because she's not of a noble family?"

"That's not it, and you know it. She's far too innocent for you."

Derek smiled wickedly, remembering how Meredith had felt against his chest, and how her face flushed when he looked at her. But there was something in her eyes that told him she wasn't as innocent as his sister truly believed. "Don't worry, Kate, I'll do my best not to corrupt her."

Kate glared at him, knowing her brother too well. "I hope you mean that," she sighed, getting to her feet. Derek rose and took her arm, as they headed in to dinner, a small smirk still on his lips.

⚜️⚜️⚜️

Up in her bedroom, Meredith was also staring at the fire in her small fireplace, warming herself from the bone chilling dampness. Her thoughts strayed to Lord Derek, remembering how safe she'd felt cradled in his arm. Then she shook her head at her foolish thoughts. He was far above her station in life, and far too handsome to consider someone like herself. Sinfully handsome, she thought, flushing hotly, as she remembered the lean outline of his body beneath the wet clothing. What would it be like to be entwined with his naked body, his weight heavy on her, his hands touching her everywhere? She was no silly virgin, far from it, but he made her feel like one.

With a soft sigh, Meredith got to her feet, and headed to the bed, where she crawled under the feather quilt, and snuggled into the down pillows. She was doing her best to create a new life here, and put the past behind her. It would do no good to get involved with someone as sexually dangerous as Lord Derek. But as she drifted off to sleep, her dreams were filled with images of hot male flesh, and deep wet kisses.

•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•
❗️Disclaimer❗️
I didn't write this story full credit goes to "AngelEyes" from the locked section "Horny and Porny" from the board "Greysmcboard" site Tapatalk! & "McAddicted" site FanFiction.Net
Published 2007
•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•