"I did nothing to encourage her to wish to be with me. As a matter of fact, on her eighteenth birthday she was packing to leave. I had a near panic attack at the thought and realized that I was in love with her. I had to do a lot of begging to get her to give me a chance.

"After this, I don't know if she'll ever talk to me again even if she does wake up." Blake stops, and takes a deep breath. "I didn't groom her to be willing to be with me. You would have to talk to her to find out why she was willing to be with some one almost old enough to be her father."

"Sorry, I won't interrupt again." The officer that made that observation says and looks down blushing badly. He starts the recording again and Blake continues.

"There were some there at the party where the announcement was made that didn't take it too well. Shortly after that we started receiving threats against us and Iliana.

"Because of that we gave Iliana bodyguards and asked her to restrict her movements until things calm down again." Blakes shakes his head at her reaction to that.

"I take it she didn't take it very well?" The other officer asks.

"Understatement of the year. Iliana is very good about following requests, but she doesn't like feeling like she's under arrest.

"She and her bodyguard were shopping about three days before we were all shot. Her body guard was killed defending her, and she defended herself as well. I don't think they expected that. Not many knew that she has multiple blackbelts in various martial arts." The officers look at him astonished. She is young to have so many years of martial arts.

"Iliana only had my brothers and I as friends. Even when her parents moved across country to take over a newly acquisitioned business. She isn't used to being alone. She started martial arts then to help her.

"After her parents were killed, my parents continued having her trained. It helped bring them peace of mind. They loved her parents, it is the only time I can remember my mother ever crying was when she told us about the Bloomington's death.

"It was a good thing. It was a way for her to work through her anger and loneliness. All of us boys were close to her, but as we grew up she was left alone a lot and it gave her something to do. Also, some of our so called friends were rude to her and it was a way for her to get rid of that pain and hurt. That and I gave her a room that she could throw plates in." At their look Blake explains.

"It was an empty cement room in the basement. She would take plates, she ordered them by the carton, and throw them at the floor or wall as hard as she could to release some of the anger. Especially when one of us was being impossible to her.

"Any way, she had several different teachers until her sixteenth birthday when she had to stop."

"Why?" Both officers can't help but ask.

"Because, like now, Iliana almost died. It was a miracle that she lived long enough to receive medical help and she had to be medevac'd off the island we were vacationing in.

"It took her a year to get back to normal and not need physical therapy any longer. Until then she focused on regaining basic use of her body. Then she started college and she just didn't have the time since she was doubling up on courses." Blake thins his lips down in anger at this. She was supposed to be taking it easy and regaining her strength, not pushing herself into mental exhaustion like that.

"That wasn't your idea I take it?" The officer can't help but interject once more.

Blake shakes his head and snorts. "When Iliana gets an idea into her head, it's very hard to get it out again. She's normally a very sweet and helpful person. Quick to help out in any way that she can, but if you go against her then she can rain holy hell down on you. 

"I have no doubt that she did exactly that when they were trying to kidnap her. Even after they took her body guard down, the security footage shows her fighting several people at once. Then they finally were able to grab her arm long enough to jab a needle into her. After that it was just a matter of time before she collapsed. There were several that had to be helped as well.

"Shortly after that we got a call from the mall where she was taken informing us that her body guard was down and that she was gone. The police called me after that and lastly, I got a call from the bastards that took her.

"I could hear her telling me to not look for her. Begging me to not come for her." They hung up shortly after I heard her screaming as they slapped her.

"I received an email and it gave a live streaming location. They showed me what exactly they were doing to her. They were questioning her about us, myself and my brothers. Before she could possibly answer they would continue with the abuse.

"That continued until shortly before I was given a location of where to find Iliana. I was told to bring my brothers and not bother the authorities."

"Did you?" The officer asks.

"You bet your behind I told the authorities. They were already investigating her abduction, the death of her body guard and so I included the information I was given. Then I rounded up my brothers and headed out to the location.

"We saw Iliana lying on the ground and she was almost unrecognizable, they had beaten her so badly.

"I ignored everything else and ran to her. I did what I could to stop her bleeding but figured there was a good deal of internal bleeding.

"As I was doing that my brothers surrounded us in a circle. The men that were responsible came out with their guns. The leader chuckled and said something along the lines that she didn't tell them anything. It would have gone a lot better for her if she had.

"Then he and those with them raised their guns. My brothers started running around us as fast as they could to try to protect themselves and us from the bullets. It didn't work all that well since I could see some hit Ili and could feel some hit me. I continued to help her to the best of my abilities until I passed out. 

"Just as I passed out I heard the officers coming. I'm afraid that I didn't even notice when the shooting stopped. I certainly have no idea why it would." Blake finishes up his statement.

The officers thank him for his time and shake his hand and give him their get well wishes before letting themselves out of the room.

Blake waits for the officers to leave before calling for a nurse. There is a very angry and satisfied light in his eyes. He was pretty sure, but hadn't known for sure that they all had died. He wonders just who else that he knew also died mysteriously?

The nurse comes in and is more than willing to let him feed from her blood.