Chapter 28

Dream's POV:

"Stop!" I recognize the voice before I see who it is.

"Y/n?" I turn my head to look at her, I can't help but let a flash of hurt show in my eyes.

"Listen to me, Dream, you can't kill him-" she starts.

"Why the hell not?" I cut her off, anger trickling into my voice.

"Because then you're just as bad! Because then you're proving his damn point!" Y/n yells.

"He deserves it! After everything he's done to us!" I shout back, not wanting to listen any further.

"She's right, Dream," Quackity grins slyly, breaking off into a fit of racking coughs.

"Quiet!" Dream warns, glaring at Quackity. I pause, a thought suddenly crossing my mind.

There's no way...

"He doesn't have any sort of meaning to you, right?" I ask, scanning her face for any sort of reaction.

Y/n stares at me, clearly surprised. "You think I don't want him to die? I couldn't care less what happens to him, but you have to listen to me!" She raises her voice in frustration.

"How about you start fucking listening to me, y/n?" I counter. "You don't know what happened to me and I have every fucking right to kill him right now."

"I'm just warning you. If you kill Quackity then you're proving his point, Dream. You're admitting that you're a fucking killer! Is that what you want to be known as, Dream?" She pauses. "A murderer? A villain?" Her voice lowers slightly.

"I am the villain, y/n. That's what I'll always be seen as." My voice hardens and y/n shakes her head slightly. My fingers tighten around the sword in my trembling bands. "There's no point in trying to be something I'm not..."

"We're going to imprison him!" Sam's voice suddenly rings out, I feel the sword slip out of my hands as I drop it in shock.

"Dream or Quackity?" Y/n asks, her eyes wide.

"Both of them." Sam decides, shaking his head in disappointment. "Step away from him, Dream," Sam orders, motioning towards an unconscious Quackity.

"No," I back up shakily, pick up the sword from the ground. "You're not going to take me back there!"

"It's quite clear you haven't changed, Dream," Sam takes a step closer to me.

"You're right, Sam..." I glance at y/n, an apologetic look on my face. Her eyes widen a second before, realization hitting her.

"I haven't changed." I take the sword and plunge it into Quackity's chest with a sickening sound. He twitches, but his eyes close shut and his chest rises one more time as his last breath escapes his parted lips.

Sam backs up, his eyes wide with shock. Sapnap turns towards me, a bittersweet expression on his face.

"Dream..." y/n looks at me, her face seems the most hurt and horror-filled.

I killed him.

The sword clatters to the ground.

I killed him.

I head towards y/n, the world spinning around me.

I killed him.

I grab her arm, pulling her along.

I killed him... and this time there's no going back.

We run.

A/n: SHORT CHAPTER BUT I NEEDED SOMETHING. IM SO SO SORRY FOR THE LACK OF UPLOADING. SCHOOLS BEEN PRETTY BUSY. DW I WONT ABANDON U GUYS. JUST STARTED CROSS COUNTRY TOO😫😫 MORE CHAPTERS SOON- I APOLOGIZE IF THEY TAKE A WHILE :))

side note: thinking abt ending this whole sequel soon, just not sure how yet. I think it's gone on for long enough and we'll all be sad to let it go, but it's time for new stories and I honestly don't think the lore is going to advance anytime soon. THE STORY ISNT ENDING YET- JUST SOON.