Chapter 24: Gryffindor Versus Ravenclaw

Start from the beginning

"You're adorable, you know that?" He whined as if further proving my point. "You know, I've always wanted a dog but my Mum never agrees, says she's had a bad experience with one, whatever that means." Padfoot seemed a bit deflated all of a sudden, which went unnoticed by me.

"Anyways, see you soon." I said before planting a kiss on his head, and I started towards the castle once more.

***

Delighted despite my tiredness, I merrily hummed along to the Gryffindor common room. Although shortly, I crossed paths with none other than Remus, whose face lit up when his eyes fell on me.

"Hello, Professor." I greeted with a wink, erupting a chuckle out of him.

"Hello Rubina, care to stop by my office or perhaps next time?"

"I have some spare time so of course, besides we have some catching up to do."

Nodding, he directed the path to his classroom. Once inside his office, he smiled before saying, "Your mother must be proud, she herself played Chaser."

I beamed with pride. "She is, can't wait to tell her about the win of tomorrow's match."

Remus raised an eyebrow, "Confident of winning, are we?"

I snorted at the comment, as I leaned back in my chair. "Of course. Wood was left speechless after today's practise, so I'm pretty confident, besides," I grinned mischievously, "You yourself said the other day that Gryffindor's going to win."

He rolled his eyes. "Anyways, I'm coming to watch tomorrow."

"You are?"

"Yeah, unfortunately I missed the last match since it was the full moon." He grimaced.

My mood escalated rather quickly. "Doesn't matter, last match wasn't worth watching anyways." I said bitterly.

Noticing my tone, Remus said, "Fiona was an excellent Chaser. Used to score most of the goals in almost all the matches. I bet you can't score more than two." Amusement laced his face.

I sat straighter in my chair, narrowing my eyes at him. "Is that a challenge?"

He smirked, "Perhaps."

"Alright then, here's the deal, if I score at least five goals tomorrow, you owe me five Chocolate Frogs, if I score less than five, then I owe you five Chocolate Frogs. So, do we have a deal, oh dearest Godfather?" I said with a smile playing on my lips.

Mirroring my expression he said, "Deal."

I stood up to leave and smirked at him. "Well, better have some chocolate to give me tomorrow." I paused for a moment. "Ah, who am I kidding, you always carry chocolate around with you." I flashed my shiny teeth at him. "See you tomorrow."

"Goodnight."

With one final look over my shoulder, I shut the door behind me, making my way once again towards Gryffindor Tower.

***

I awoke and the day began as any other, apart from the excitement running through my body as today was the Quidditch match. Right when I entered the common room, broom in hand, I was surrounded by the twins and Lee.

"Good morning Rubina!" Lee greeted.

"Morning Lee, morning Georgie."

"Good morning indeed. Can't wait to crush Ravenclaw today."

I lightly laughed. "Of course, and looking forward to that famous commentary of yours, Lee." I teased, erupting a laugh from him.

"Excited love?" Fred and I lingered behind the other two as we walked towards the Great Hall.