Chapter 31: Happier

Jacob was shaking, rustling in his bed, battling his tough nightmare, when he suddenly sat up gasping and he was slightly sweaty by he scary dream and then he looked to the right to see Caleb asleep and Jacob blushed by the cute sight. He got up quietly not wanting to wake Caleb up until he made them a coffee, when suddenly his phone rang "Mum, how are you calling aren't you on the plane?" Jacob wondered preparing the coffee machine "I'm sorry darling, Something came up at my club, and it's too good of an opportunity to miss, I'm sorry, We'll have to re-schedule" She sighed lying "Oh ok, I understand, bye" Jacob hung up disappointed but not surprised.

Josh walked down smelling the strong smell of a fresh pot of coffee "What's wrong?" He asked a saddened Jacob "Mum, didn't get on the plane, but I'm sure your not disappointed" Jacob grabbed the coffees and sprinted to his room slamming the door. But then he gasped as that loud noise woke Caleb who sat up yawning "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to wake you, like that" Jacob sighed sitting on the bed handing him the coffee. "Oh don't be silly, thank you for the coffee" Caleb smiled sipping it "Perez, are you alright? you look upset" Caleb placed their coffees on the side table and shuffled closer "My mum cancelled, she's not coming" Jacob sighed looking down "Come here, I'm so sorry" Caleb held him tightly as he started crying, "What's so wrong with me, that people leave me?" Jacob sighed looking at Caleb heartbroken.

And Caleb looked worried "Listen to me, nothing is wrong with you" Caleb wiped away his tears and looked into his dark eyes "I don't know why they left, or why she cancelled but what I do know, is that it isn't your fault" Caleb added "Please don't leave me shortcake" Caleb looked down "Well, you don't have to worry, I'm not leaving your side" Caleb smiled and Jacob hugged him tightly and they fell backwards onto the bed holding onto each other. "You mean so much too me, Caleb" Jacob spoke seriously "And you mean everything to me, Jacob" Caleb replied feeling the same. 

A few days ago, Katie had received an acceptance for a job working for a local newspaper and she would work on the weekends until she graduates from school in a month. And granted it wasn't the exact job katie wanted, she was happy to be contributing to Journalism in some capacity. "Chloe, can you please get me a Latte from Costa please in town?" A shrill voice ordered and Katie rolled her eyes "Of course, Ms Lathem, and also my name is Katie not Chloe" Katie corrected her "I know, that's what I said" The tall woman stormed off and back to her office. And Katie sighed recieving many other coffee orders. She peered at the large office space filled with Journalists and she sighed, walking away to go and get a coffee for her boss and a coffee for her many co-workers.

Caleb walked out of Jacob's room with the two empty mugs and he washed them up laying them on the draining board. "You don't have to do that" A deep voice laughed and Caleb jumped turning around to see Josh standing there shirtless "Oh, I'm happy too" Caleb smirked about to walk away when Josh grabbed his hand stopping him "How is he?" Josh wondered concerned how Jacob took the news about their mum's plans. "He's alright, a little sad but he's doing better" Caleb said awkwardly walking away "Are you ok?" Josh wondered and Caleb turned around hoping to slip away "Oh I'm doing great thank you" Caleb sprinted  up the stairs and Josh sighed his feelings for Caleb still strong.

Millie was standing on a tennis pitch, and she glanced around to see her dad sitting with his friends who were all having a ball. Millie rolled her eyes, wanting to be anywhere else but here. But she knew fighting with her parents would get he nowhere, even though she made her feelings about tennis very clear. Millie stood opposite her partner and she dropped the racket to the ground "I thought I could try, but I can't" Millie strolled off the pitch strolling off walking past her father and his elderly friends. "Millie where are you going?" He asked following her and she turned around "Dad, I'm sorry I really am, I'm sorry that I'm not what you want me to be, that I despise tennis and that I don't want to be a lawyer like you two or that I want to be a singer" Millie blurted out so tired of hiding parts of herself.

He walked to his daughter and hugged her "I love you, sweetie I always have and I always will, and I'm so proud of how far you've come, you have become a amazing person, and I would never want to change that" He smiled proud and Millie looked up surprised "Really, and I know your mother can be intense, but she does care about you in her weird way, and I know she'll come around" He started "And we want you to be happy, and if singing is what makes you happy, then we will try and help you as much as we can" He rubbed her cheek, clearing away a tear.

"Thank you dad, that means more than you know"  Millie hugged her dad who sent a bright smile in return "And besides, you get your musical talents from me" He said as they walked into the distance "Really?" Millie questioned him "Of course, I haven't told you but, I used to be in a very popular band whilst at law school" He added and Millie laughed "You have to tell me more" Millie smiled as they walked away.

Ivy was walking up to Connor's house holding a large box of his possessions and Ivy knew the first step in moving on would be giving back Connor's belongings, and she knew they would only be reminders, of their breakup. Ivy stood in front of the door for a few minutes building the courage to knock, and she breathed in and out before using the large and golden door knocker and knocking the door.

The sounds of locks rattled the door and the door opened to reveal a tall brunette wearing a large oversized  shirt belonging to Connor "Oh Ivy? I thought it was a pizza guy, shame, what can I help you with?" She looked her up and down "Oh hi Gretchen, I just wanted to give Connor, his stuff back, is he here?" Ivy asked and Gretchen chuckled "He's preoccupied, but I'll take it" Gretchen grabbed the large box and slammed the door shut in Ivy's face. "What just happened?" Ivy wondered knowing exactly why Gretchen was there, and she wiped a tear away before walking away, and it was clear as day that Connor had moved on.

Jacob was opening a large envelope, "What's that?" Caleb wondered sitting by the counter and Jacob was scanning the letter when suddenly he gasped "I got in" Jacob smiled "Wait into uni? Which one?" Caleb asked so proud of Jacob "I got into the University of London" Jacob jumped up and down in delight. "I'm so proud of you" Caleb smiled and Jacob kissed him after his response. And as proud and happy for Jacob Caleb was, he fear of long distance had officially became a reality, things are certainly going to get very complicated.