Chapter-16

ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴍᴜsᴛ ɪᴛ ʙᴇ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴛᴏ ɢʀᴏᴡ ᴜᴘ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʙᴇᴀᴜᴛɪғᴜʟ?
..

After figuring out how I ended up at Chase's house, Caden got a good hearing, which he found very funny. He made it up to me by buying me food. He didn't have any shoots or projects so he came back to New York, for the past year he was living in LA. That was last week. I met Rome twice.

Chase and I both acted like nothing happened, which was actually true if you ignored the bite marks on his neck which were visible when he didn't wear a tie which was often because that dumbass doesn't know how to tie one.

I was taking a little nappy nap after completing the file I was working on when the door to my office opened. "Go away Melissa." I said without lifting my head up from my desk.

"Why the hell is Damien Wright calling me for a reference?" I sit straight hearing not-Melissa's voice.

"Can't sit at home unemployed sunshine."

I applied for a job at Wright & Co. a few days ago, gave an interview two days back, guess they called him for a reference call.

"I gave in my 2 weeks notice." I tell him. I thought he knew?

"To whom exactly?" He says flatly.

"The HR."

"Cool." He says before lifting his phone to his ear and going out. Wait what? I stand up to follow him only to trip on my own shoe.

"..tear it down." I hear him saying before hanging up.

"Hey! What the hell?" I round him and stand in front of him, going on tippy toes to maintain eye level as I left my shoes under my desk. I narrow my eyes. I'm sure I'm looking intimidating now. He's scared, he's not showing it but I know.

"I don't accept your two weeks' notice." He states before poking my forehead making me go back to standing normally. I lift up again.

I cross my arms. "Yes you are. It's my choice. I quit." I say in my intimidating voice. Why is he not scared till now.

The idiot pokes my forehead again.

"No." He says before going to his office. The audacity. I walk down to the HR department, later on realising I'm not wearing any shoes.

I enter the office. "You can't.." My words are dead in my throat as I see my letter in shreds. "Fuck you all." I say before storming out. I think they'll fire me now? Discipline afterall?

I was heading towards the elevator when I bumped into someone.

"I'm so sorry- Miss Reed?" I heard the guy ask. I look up to see the intern I showed around a few weeks ago, I can't remember his name.

"Oh you.."

"Daniel." He says.

"Yeah, right! Daniel. Move away, someone is expecting a visit from me." I say before entering the elevator.

"Your shoes.." His voice was cut off by the doors of the elevator. I tapped my feet to calm myself till I reached the top floor.

He didn't even flinch when I burst open the door to his office let alone looked up to see who the intruder is. "What is wrong with you?" I shouted. He ignored.

I closed my eyes. Think about stabbing him. Peace. Think about choking him to death. Relief. Think about having a big greasy burger. Ahh, wrong thing to think about.

Just so you know, he still hasn't acknowledged my presence. So I do the only sensible thing coming into my mind and jump on his desk, snatch the laptop he was working on and keep it aside. I rest my feet on the armrest of his chair. That makes him look at me, yes dude. Look at me.