I stopped before the lift and scanned my wrist. It open quickly and Dex looked around in interest. The many numbers glowed before me and I hit one of the highest floors to the comms and tech floor–one of the highest clearances there was. Dex didn't hide his surprise.

"Who the fuck did you sleep with to get that kind of clearance?" He demanded with a chuckle.

I turned to him quickly and drew one of the many blades from my arm to his neck. His eyes flew wide and the grin disappeared.

"The people on those floors will not be as kind to you as I am. Keep your mouth shut and your thoughts to yourself. Are we clear?" I murmured slowly.

The lift pinged and I retracted the blade as several heavily armoured guards stepped in deep in conversation. Dex shrunk into the corner and I merely returned their nods. I noticed the personal guard uniform on a few along with the weapons. I had to wonder what Scorpion or Proximo required of them.

Our floor arrived and they parted for me with a few fists.

Dex stayed close and wisely kept his head down despite being a head taller than me. Techies now rushed by with nano screens and holograms at every angle. Division central intelligence as it were. I nodded him into a room with a wall of holoscreens.

"Secure room!"

The glass clouded and the lights dimmed.

"So cool." He whispered, before I slapped his head and drew up security feeds.

"Focus. Where would Lee be?" The hologram took form of the floor we had come from at every angle. He pointed out the main hall and the dorms and then several other training facilities. Along with a few bars and tech libraries they had access to.

I flicked through each one, scanning various recruits either waiting for their next task, talking, eating, there–

"Tech library." I confirmed, watching a group of five oversized morons throw Lee's small form around like a toy. His face was already bloody. What was worse was the fact that one of them was dictating something to him with a knife in his hand.

I sighed hard.

"You can go back to your breakfast now."

"Like hell I am. I may not be chummy with the kid but I know when lads need to be brought down a peg or two." He retorted with a hard look. I regarded him, sure he had a good build, strong jaw and a little anger to join the party...

"Tell you what, Dex." I spoke calmly, eyeing the closer they got to breaking Lee in the holo feed. "You help me not only obliterate these men, but dump them in Sector 52 when we're done and I'll get you in Proximo's personal guard training programme."

He nodded with a dark smile and offered me his forearm. I clasped it.

"Sounds like you've got yourself a deal, Makayla." He said low.

When we returned to the lower level I slipped my hand over a dagger and spun it between my fingers. Dex eyed it and shook his head. But before I could tell him exactly how little his opinion meant he spoke.

"If we kill any of them this becomes harder. Believe me none of them know how to really use a blade–we ship them out to 52 and the organ snatchers can handle the rest." He murmured, eyeing my dagger.

I finally conceded with a nod and slipped it into its sheath as we entered the library. They had an impressive collection of first gen paper books as well as holo feeds and data pads. But we ignored most of it pacing down the shelves until the cries of Lee couldn't be mistaken.