13. THE DRAGON OF THE SUN

Start from the beginning

"Um, hello. What's your name? Mine's Arthur Alcott," he finished with a cute dimpled smile. Next to me, I saw Dhara twirling her hair nervously. 

Was she nervous? And was it because of the first day of the academy or Mr. cute dimples over here?

I have spied on enough village couples to know that it was the later.

Seeing  as how Dhara was more willing to shyly look at her feet rather than introduce herself, I took matters into my hands.

"Hello, I'm Isolde, you may call me Izzy. My friend over here is Dhara. Nice to meet you"

"Nice to meet you too. So how are you lovely ladies finding the academy?" he enquired again.

"Not bad, actually we are quite settled. How about you?" I asked.

"Hmm, it would be better if I didn't have my current roommates," he added after a brief pause.

"Why? Are they not friendly? Rude maybe?"

"They aren't actually outright rude to say but kind of aloof. Keep to themselves. Both of them are childhood friends, so I'm left out," he said with a sheepish smile; running his hands through his ginger mane.

"Well, that's not good. You can spend time with us, right Dhara?," with that I nudged Dhara who was still busy observing her shoes.

"Oh yes, sure. You should definitely come with me, I mean us, yes, us, that's what I meant. Yeah....", she drawled out lamely and looked at me to salvage the situation.

"What she means is, of course, you may stay with us!" I gave him an assuring smile, just in case.

"Thank you so much! You don't even know how bored I was!" he exclaimed and let out a dramatic relieved sigh.

"So do want to-", my words were cut short by the sound of the door opening . We looked towards it and saw Inayat standing there with a huge grin.

"So kiddos, welcome to Base Magical Education class, I am your instructor, Inayat Baig. Now try not be awestruck by my beauty and come on in," and with that, we all rushed in.

 Now try not be awestruck by my beauty and come on in," and with that, we all rushed in

"Magic is everywhere. In nature, in animals, and  in humans," Inayat voice boomed in the classroom. 

He looked rather different without his robes today. 

I am guessing that was due to fact that he was wearing an extremely thin almost see-through white shirt with a black vest on top of it which was single-handedly preventing the big scandal that was his outfit for today.

There is something deeply wrong with this man.

"I can see your surprised faces. Yes! we all are born with magic. I mean, how else would you explain this?" he gestured towards himself.