"yeah, are you two good?"

"yeah. it wasn't a big deal to me, i was just really mad at the time because my dad already put me in a bad mood."

"did you see him knock it over?"

"oh are you a detective now?" you cross your arms.

"yeah." his answer sets you back. "i just find some things weird."

"like?"

"like midoriya forgetting what he did when it happened just seconds ago."

"do you really believe that? i thought he was just playing stupid."

"y/n you know midoriya wouldn't joke around with something like that. especially if you were already in a bad mood, i don't think he'd joke around at a time like that."

you stay silent, making shoto sigh. "he said riku was there, right? what if he had something to do with it?"

"look i don't like riku and all, but why place the blame on him? he was no where near the thing when it dropped."

"i'm not saying he himself dropped it, i'm saying he made midoriya drop it."

"and how would he make izuku drop it?"

"do you know what his quirk is?"

"yeah, it's called body switch."

silence.

shoto blinks at you blankly with the look of 'come on'.

"okay so maybe he did. why would he though?"

"doesn't he like you? wouldn't he want to make midoriya look bad in front of you?"

i saw riku cleaning something up.

"kind of weird that he immediately offered to clean up. seems to me like he's trying to get on your good side."

"okay..fair point. but that wouldn't explain why izuku 'forgot'."

"maybe he has another quirk? one he didn't tell you about."

"what- shoto why are you thinking this?"

"why aren't you? i don't wanna be mean, but you're really hardheaded, y/n."

"coming from you i'm offended. i am not."

again, that same look comes from shoto.

"you never picked up on riku liking you and now you won't believe me when the evidence is clear and it makes sense? he would make midoriya do it only to make him look bad and he'd clean it up for you to make himself look good."

"it makes sense..but it's really sudden, and it doesn't explain what i asked."

"you don't have suspicions that this probably runs deeper?"

"what?" you stare at shoto with a confused look. "what are you talking about?"

"y/n..i don't think emiko and riku are who they say they are.."

you and shoto stare at each other with different looks.

his is worry but sternness.

yours is confusion but concern.

'not who they say they are..?'

---

the kitchen can be considered your second home. you like it more than your own kitchen at your house. so with no obligations, you dance around the open space. cleaning dishes, wiping counters, putting stuff away, organizing random things.