1-Let's Go Lions!

Start from the beginning

Probably not, hell I don't even care.

Life has been an endless cycle of pain.

The only family who ever actually loved me, my aunt Lorrie who passed away three years ago.

Fucking cancer.

I feel myself being set back on the ground. The gravel from the track crunching beneath my cheer shoes.

Looking out at the score board I see we are leading.

This is my schools first football game of the season. I watch as our team steals the ball.

Cheering with the rest of the team and crowd, I shake my pom poms together before raising one in the air.

"Let's go Lions, let's go." We chant, my chestnut brown hair skims my shoulder blades where the pony tail ends.

If I were to take it down my hair would fall to my mid back.

"Go number twelve." Cora squeals from beside me, her blonde hair is in a half up half down.

She is currently cheering extra hard for her boyfriend Landon.

They've been together since freshman year, we're juniors now.

Sometimes I see the way Landon look at her or the way she looks at Landon and I wonder how it would feel to be in love like that.

"Come on it's half time." Cora says grabbing my hand.

It's time of the halftime performance.

Our captain Naomi came up with the routine. For the football players enjoyment mostly.

She's been trying to get into the quarterback Michael's pants ever since he transferred to our school last year.

It's really painful to witness her try and seduce him. Especially when all the signs point to not interested.

I mean I think some of the signs could've been missed but the one that happened this past Wednesday, I think she's just choosing to ignore them.

See she had gone up to him in our English class and asked if he wanted to come over to his place and 'study' he straight up told her he was going to be with his boyfriend that day.

She had just laughed told him he was funny and walked away.

I thought that would be the end of her trying to get with him until she told us what routine we were doing.

How is this choreography school approved? Probably because our principle is a perv.

The song comes on and we do the routine. The guys from the team holler like we're strippers performing for them.

I want to barf.

At least strippers get paid, all I get is creeps winking at me and asking what I have going on under the cheer uniform.

The song and routine might end but the disgust crawling up my skin doesn't.

I know I should quit but I just can't. Besides the halftime routines cheering really is fun for me.

By the end of the game our school had won. No one thought they wouldn't win, with Michael on the team we were practically unbeatable.

Cora and I get our things from the locker room and she drives us back to her house.

This was one of the times my mom was home and I knew it. If I knew it I could hopefully avoid her.

Cora's house is one of those houses you see in tv shows.