ᴇᴘɪʟᴏɢᴜᴇ

📍OHIO, 2023 __________________________

📍OHIO, 2023
__________________________

"COME ON, FANNY," Yelena grunted as she stepped out of her truck, calling her dog with her.

She let Fanny walk ahead of her into the quiet field, after all, she needed peace and quiet right at this particular moment.

Her eyes already felt red with tears when she spotted the grave of her beloved sister; which was showered with flowers, gifts, cards, pictures and even stuffed animals as a way to appreciate the selfless woman.

(Y/N) DINARA ZOLOHOV

DAUGHTER• SISTER• MOTHER• AVENGER

was what was written in the tomb. Yelena couldn't help the sniffles and soft cries that escaped her lips as she kneeled beside the tomb, pressing her forehead against it.

Yelena whistled a long note, hoping for two people to respond back, but this time, only one called back to her whistle.

Yelena turned her head to spot Natasha walking up to her, her face showing the same emotions written over her face; grief, regret, and sadness.

"I didn't think you'd be here today," Natasha softly said.

"I felt like it," Yelena responded, her voice choked out.

"It's all my fault," Natasha teared up.

"No, no, no," Yelena began. "It's not. Don't do this to yourself."

"If I'd went with her instead, if I told her to stay with me. . ." Natasha trailed away. "She deserved to live."

"Natasha, don't," Yelena said.

"I miss her," Natasha whispered.

"I do too. More than anything," Yelena responded.

Silence filled the air between them, since both of them needed space to grief the death of their sister. If only the world was fair, if only there was a way to bring her back, Yelena would do any of those things to see her older sister with her again.

Natasha sniffed. "I should be leaving now, I promised I'll take care of the kids."

Yelena nodded and watched her as she walked away, wiping the tears that filled up in her eyes. Once she saw her form disappear into the trees, she stood up from her kneeling position and stared sadly at the tombstone.

The sound of someone blowing their nose beside her was what knocked Yelena out of her silent thoughts. She looked over her side and noticed familiar a woman with black hair, a black coat and red leather gloves.

The woman was Valentina Allegra de Fontaine.

"Wow. Sorry," Valentina sniffled. "I'm allergic to the Midwest."

Yelena didn't say a word.

"What this woman did, honestly, I can't even imagine," she continued.

"You're not supposed to be bothering me on my holiday time, Valentina," Yelena said.

"Oh, bothering you? Oh, no, no," Valentina started. "I'm just here paying my respects."

"Hmm," Yelena nodded. "You know, coming here makes you look desperate."

Valentina laughed loudly as Yelena chuckled with an emotionless expression.

"I want a raise," Yelena declared.

"Oh, yeah. You and me both." Valentina said. "Believe me, you're gonna earn it."

Valentina reached out for her purse and pulled out a tablet, smirking up to Yelena.

"I've got your next target. Thought I'd hand-deliver it." Valentina opened the tablet and pasted it over to Yelena, showing her a picture.

"Maybe you'd like a shot at the man responsible for your sister's death."

The picture on the tablet was no one else than Clint Barton, also known as Hawkeye, who was one of (Y/N)'s closest friends.

"Kind of a cutie, don't you think?"

Yelena didn't say a word, she just glared at the picture in her hands. She wanted nothing but revenge on the person that took her older sister away from her, even if it was a matter of life and death.

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐒𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐒¹ | 𝖇𝖑𝖆𝖈𝖐 𝖜𝖎𝖉𝖔𝖜 𝖒𝖔𝖛𝖎𝖊 🎉