ii. ᴛʜᴇ ᴍʏsᴛᴇʀɪᴏᴜs ғɪɢᴜʀᴇ

📍FRANCE, 21 YEARS LATER _____________________

_____________________

(Y/N) WAS GROWING ANNOYED. She couldn't help but roll her eyes over the fact that the government was now in the mission to capture her for not signing the stupid Sokovia Accords. Besides, it's not the first time the government is out searching for her.

She didn't have nowhere else to go, she couldn't contact her friends since half of them were either in prison or angry at her. (Y/N) certainly didn't need help to stay in a low profile, but she thought it would feel good to have someone with her while she stayed in hiding.

(Y/N) now found herself unloading a plane that had landed in Paris, France, where she thought it would be a nice place to hide in while things cooled down back in the United States.

She grabbed her backpack and placed it on her back and walked out of the airport casually, trying to not grab any attention towards her. Thousands of people were walking down the streets, the sound of the cars' engines roared through the city and smells from all of the different foods filled the air.

(Y/N) continued walking down the street among people when a store she walked beside to blew up from an explosion, knocking her down to the side with great impact.

People around her started screaming and shrieking out of fear, parents were pulling their children back from the scene as everyone watched the store catch on fire. (Y/N) didn't understand where did it come from when she spotted a figure walking slowly toward her.

(Y/N) got on her knees and rushed over to her backpack to grab a spare gun she brought with her in case of situations like this. She still didn't understand what had just happened.

The figure continued walking slowly towards her, as people moved out of the way of it in order to protect themselves, but the mysterious person didn't pay attention to no one else except for her.

"Out of here! Move away!" (Y/N) yelled in French, trying to get the civilians out of this. When the people heard this, they all turned and ran away as far as possible, continuing to yell and shriek.

The sound of sirens ringed in (Y/N)'a ears.

(Y/N) raised her gun in the air and she shot the figure directly in the stomach, but before the bullets could do their job, the figure protected itself with a metal shield, which they threw at her.

(Y/N) reacted instantly and moved out of the way of the shield, which got stuck against a wall instead. The figure didn't give up though, they continued walking to her in a slow pace, which gave (Y/N) the opportunity to grab the shield from the wall and put it in front of her the exact moment the figure directed a punch at her.

(Y/N) continued to hold the shield in her hands when the person's pulled it out of her grasp to place it back in his forearm, and she took this as an opportunity to wrap her legs around their neck to pull them down, but this person seemed to be expecting it, since they did the exact same thing, pulling both of them to the ground.

(Y/N) winced as she fell back to the ground, but she lifted herself up at the exact moment the figure did, locking her eyes with the person's mask. Who was this person?

(Y/N) thought the person was going to strike once again, but instead, they stood up and began walking towards where her backpack laid on the ground.

"You don't want me," she muttered to herself.

She didn't have anything of value inside the bag, only the necessities for her to survive for a few months. What could this person want so badly?

(Y/N) didn't hesitate to rise to her feet and run toward the person stopping them from getting her backpack as she grabbed the person's hand and intended to pull it back when they grabbed her from the hair and threw her to the side like a rag doll.

(Y/N) groaned and tried to stand up when the person walked up to her and raised their shield in the air to strike her in the chest, but when it was about to hit her, she took a hold of the shield and jolted her legs up to hit them in the stomach.

The person fell back from the impact, which gave (Y/N) the opportunity to throw the shield at them, succeeding in throwing him away a few feet.

(Y/N) took this time to grab her backpack when she spotted a small briefcase she definitely didn't put there herself, she opened it cautiously and hid the object under her shirt. She looked back to where the person had been thrown when she spotted them running up to her with the shield in hand.

(Y/N) stood up and but before she could do anything, the person threw the shield at her once again, making her crash against one of the stores. This time, she didn't rise and start a fight with them again, since she thought it would be better to leave them thinking that they succeeded it eliminating her.

Pieces of glass were stuck in her face and arms, and the pain was unbearable, but (Y/N) managed to crawl out of the store she had been thrown into without that much difficulty.

Once she thought she was far enough from the place of attack, she kneeled against a wall and took out the object from under her shirt, trying to get a better look at what it was. She pulled it from the shirt and saw a stash of glowing red capsules.

(Y/N) stared at it in confusion as turned it around her hand when she saw a paper hanging from the side of the stash. It was a strip of photos.

But not any type of photos, this ones had the young faces of her and her sisters when they were younger, making funny faces at the camera while smiling. (Y/N) knew exactly who had sent this.

"You gotta be shitting me." she muttered to herself.