Never Underestimate An Ace (1)

"It's the third and final round. Lendrik, one of Kane's top disciples versus another new recruit from Team Poseidon, Basile!" Simon D announces as the two step on the stage.

Basile starts walking without waiting for words of encouragement. He faces his opponent on the other side of the large arena and the round kicks off. The old-school hip-hop song begins and rap lyrics pour out of the speakers.

Basile starts his ginga, similar in use to top rock in breakdancing. Ginga is very free and loose, with a lowered center of gravity, which will help with his next move.

"A flare." G-dog states. The judges talk about the moves they're familiar with.

"A freeze move consists of completely stopping the body...really relies on balance...a float...toprock is a type of foot movement...need coordination, flexibility, rhythm, and style. He has great body control."

They also take the time to go more in-depth on the dance scene.

"Hip-hop got this energetic vibe goin on. It goes for more freedom with the movements and routine."

"B-boying has more acrobatics and is danced on the floor to break beats."

"Breakdancing is typically used in songs containing drum breaks, like in hip-hop, funk, soul, breakbeat, the like."

"Locking is characterized by its fast and distinct arm and hand movements and relaxed hips and legs. It's exaggerated and large, often rhythmic, and tightly synced with the music."

"Turfing is rhythmic movement combined with waving, floor moves, gliding, flexing and cortortioning."

They explain the genre of dance and the specific moves as Basile performs them, or at least similar variations of them.

What can't be described and explained by the judges is spoken by an unlikely source. Originally, Victor was only explaining to the rest of his team, but the camera quickly picked up on it and started broadcasting it on screen.

"Capoeira can resemble a type of dance at times. Right now, Basile is using a lot of Floreios, acrobatics. I'm guessing for style points. Oh that was a Bandeira. That's a Folha Seca. A Mariposa." The list continues, with Basile performing one amazing move after another. Even more amazing, everything's perfectly timed to the beat. It shows a lot of control on his part, the pacing of the dance is impeccable.

Basile greets his opponent, Lendrik, with a Chite na lua. After pivoting on one leg, the other is swung straight through and up. Both arms are raised and the back is hallowed out. The kicking leg is kept straight while the non-kicking leg is bent. The kicking leg continues all the way around until he lands on it. On its way around, the kicked leg knocks into the bottom of Lendrik's chin, which isn't usually a part of the move.

After getting back up after the hit, as the round isn't over just because he fell to the ground, Lendrik attacks with a move from the book of Wing Chun. A fast martial art, the best comparison would probably be Waacking.

Basile dodges by turning his body to generate torque. Basile places a hand on the floor and raises the opposite leg. Keeping the weight of the entire body focused on the outer lower portion of his palm, Basile contains the circular momentum going by minimizing the amount of friction between his palm and the ground, alternating hands each spin. He completes five rotations. Blocking each of Lendrik's attacks.

"A Pião de Mão." Victor calls it.

"A hand spin. It's similar to breakdancing." Louis adds right after. Louis is right. Capoeira is some points similar to breakdancing, which is why he made the comparison. The two glance at the other before looking back at the screen that is so very attention grabbing at the moment.